Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Scaffolding Width

Page 1 of 1
Hello,

I am building a house with Allworth, and am told I need to have the distance between my neightbour's fence and the side of my house to be at least 1.5m because the scaffolding width is 1.49m, otherwise the scaffolding will go over to the neighbour's house.

Ideally, I want this area to be as narrow as possible. Maybe 90cm or 120cm.

Does his argument sound right? What is the minimum distance required between the neighbour's fence and my house? I am building in the Fairfield, Sydney area.

Thanks.
You can find a summary of the guidelines for setbacks in NSW here:

http://housingcode.planning.nsw.gov.au/ ... D&tabid=69

It sounds like you are building a double storey residence if the builder needs to use scaffolding and it may very well be that the scaffolding can't be erected if the fence is in the way.

If you could confirm whether it is indeed a double storey residence or not then perhaps H1'ers who have had a similar predicament might be able to share their experiences.
Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we are indeed building a double storey home. Next door is also double story if this helps.

It sounds very strange that the company (Allworth) says their scaffolding is 1.49cm. THat is HUGE scaffolding.

I am beginning to feel like I am being taken for a ride.
Related
18/01/2024
Scaffolding extending over my property

General Discussion

Ask for some kickplate to be added and also for tradies to be requested to use lanyards on tools on that side of the building. Be respectful and have the discussion…

23/11/2023
Maximum Garage Width - Narrow Lot (Willoughby Council NSW)

Building A New House

Thanks again for this information. If you do hear anything different, would be great to know >

20/01/2024
Roof Load Width Needed

Renovation + Home Improvement

Any structural alteration to your home requires building permit. Before you get it you will have to supply plans with structural assessment, you will also be removing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum