Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Our Lamont 2600 - PCI booked for 01/06/12 :D

Page 1 of 8
Hi All

After much reading and taking in of information from this site, we have decided it's time to start our own build thread

We are complete and utter newbies to the whole building process, so please be kind

We are building the Lamont 2600 with Burbank (Sterling Facade) on our 476m2 block in Wallan

Our time line as it stands:

Land Contract Signed: 30/07/11
Job Acceptance by Burbank: 19/08/11
Soil Test: 23/08/11
1st Set Working Drawings Received: 15/09/11
Colour Selections: 16/09/11
Land Settled: 21/09/11
Engineering: 23/09/11
2nd Set Work Drawings 11/10/11
Developer Approval 18/10/11
Council Approval for Dispensation 24/10/11
Building Contract Signed 08/11/11
Finance Approval 18/11/11
Building Permit 29/11/11
Client Approved Final Drawings 01/12/11
Site Start Letter Sent 02/12/11
Earthworks 15/12/11
Set Out 15/12/11 - then again 19/12/11 as someone decided it was a good idea to move some of the set out pegs

Stormwater and Sewer 23/01/12
Base Claim (Slab) 13/02/12
Progress Claim (Frame) 17/02/12
Fascia/Gutter 23/02/12
Roof Cover 09/03/12
Electrical Roughin 19/03/12
Progress Claim (Lock Up) 29/03/12
Plaster 29/03/12
Fix Carpenter 29/03/12
Progress Claim (Fixout) 29/03/12
Painter 17/04/12
Plumbing Fixtures 19/04/12
Tiler 30/04/12
Electrical Fit Off 30/04/12
Plumbing Fit Off 30/04/12
Carpet 07/05/12
And now for some pics

Our floor plan - we have added on the alfresco and upgraded the kitchen and ensuite from the original plan

Front Elevation

Our little piece of dirt

Hi Sar & Andy,

I am also building a Lamont 2600 in Manor Lake and share pretty much the same time-frame.

I really like the alfresco option and all the very best with the next phase .

Cheers
Avik Roy
Hi Avik Roy,

Nice choice of house

Do you have a build thread? It will be intetresting to see how both our builds go.

I hope everything is moving along nicely for you
Sar&Andy
Hi Avik Roy,

Nice choice of house

Do you have a build thread? It will be intetresting to see how both our builds go.

I hope everything is moving along nicely for you

No not yet . I am still trying to move my file through the admin....
avikzone

No not yet . I am still trying to move my file through the admin....

What stage are you at with your admin?

We are still waiting on a few things admin wise, but everything is moving forward, hopefully not too long until we have a site start
And because I know everyone loves pics, here are some shots from our colour selections

Our bricks - Boral Mangrove

Our bricks with all our exterior colours

Our brick - Boral Mangrove - Flush Off White Mortar
Roof Tile - Magnum
Gutter, Fascia and Downpipes - Colourbond Monument
Garage Door - Manor Red
Eco Classic Black Double Glazed Windows
Render - Colourbond Paperbark
Front Door - Madison PMAD104 -Black Wood Stain
Driveway - Charcoal (Circle at bottom of pic)

Interior Colours - Alll except bathroom/ensuite

Stone Bench Top - New Diamond White
Glass Splashback – Stone
Overhead Cabinets - Frosty White
Base Cabinets - Concept Oak (Also Cabinet in Laundry)
Splashback & Laundry tiles - Ash Gloss 300 x 100 (Mudberry Grout)
Wall Paint - Moon River
Floor Tiles - AT Stone Grey 300 x 600 (Mudberry Grout) - Vertical stack
Carpet - Braewood Coffee (the light in the studio threw off a purpley colour in the pics, but the carpet is a mid-dark brown not a funny purple colour lol)

Interior Colors - Bathroom/Ensuite

Cabinets - Shadow
Benchtop - Frosty White Mirage (Laminate)
Floor Tiles - AT Stone Grey 300 x 600 (Mudberry Grout)
Shower Wall Tiles - AT Stone Grey 300 x 600 (Mudberry Grout)- Horizontal Stack
Bath Hob,Top and Splashback Tiles - Ash Gloss 300 x 100 (Mudberry Grout)

We can't wait to see it all come together!
Really great choice ....loved your color selection.
Thank you

We can't wait to see it all come together!
Oh, yes we love photos here!! Gorgeous selections! Colours are very similar to what we picked, although I'm jealous of your stone benchtop
Thanks Cassie

We were lucky to get the stone benchtop for the kitchen as part of our package
The only other thing I really wanted was stone in the bathroom/ensuite, but due to the way the standard cabniets are designed in our house for those rooms it meant either going with 40mm stone or paying to upgrade the cabinets and then paying for the upgrade to 20mm stone as well, we were quoted around the $1500-$2000 mark which ever way we went, so that got left off the list
Update - we have developer approval!! Woo Hoo!!

Now just waiting on council approval and then we can move on to signing our building contract and get this show on the road!!
Hi

We have just paid our $1000 last weekend and are building the Tierra 2300. The land is titled already, we have a small 400m2 block, but it is flat as a tac and has views accross geelong. However we don't settle on our land until the 19th of Dec as this is also the date we settle on our house we have sold. Our sales consultant has told us everything can be done i.e. colours paperwork contracts etc, from now until settlement so we can start building asap after the Christmas break. Now after reading many stories of Admin etc taking forever this has me concerned. We have built before with a different company and it was very quick. Im hoping for the same.
Hey dazandstace,

Congratulations on putting your deposit down

So far we have been in admin with Burbank for about 10 weeks. Everything has been moving pretty smoothly for us up until the last 2 or 3 weeks, but that's due to us waiting on council to give approval for dispensation for fill over the easement line. We also had to have some errors fixed on our first set of drawings (the wrong window sizes were drawn in). If council approval comes through this week, we are hoping to be able sign our contracts in the next week or so and hopefully have at least a slab down by xmas.

I have my fingers crossed for you that everything goes to plan and your house gets started when you are hoping!
Hi Sar&Andy,

Just came across your building thread... love your colour selections..... the brick colour is awesome and so is the floor tile for your bathroom and ensuite..... Would love to follow your build and see all the colours come together....!!! well done!!

We were with Burbank before but had to change builders coz they couldn't fit the house we wanted on our lot....
Anyway, keep us posted on your progress, will follow your thread

Aj
Just having a read through your thread - it's all very exciting isn't it -even if it's not happening as fast as you want!

Hope you get your council approval through asap.

Look forward to watching your build.
CONGRATULATIONS ON YOUR APPROVAL!!!!

I can't wait to watch your build start
Hi Sar&Andy

Can you please tell me about the floor tiles you are having (AT Stone Grey 300 x 600 Mudberry Grout - Vertical stack)

What category are these and how much extra were these?

We want something very simular, we have included in our new home order tiling for family living meals entry kitchen bathroom & laundry. Im worried upgrading to the tiles I want may cost way too much. I've heard cat 1 tiles aren't nice.

I hope you dont mind saying. The less suprises the better for us, we just want to be prepared to set a budget for edge.

Thank you
ajantakadam
Hi Sar&Andy,

Just came across your building thread... love your colour selections..... the brick colour is awesome and so is the floor tile for your bathroom and ensuite..... Would love to follow your build and see all the colours come together....!!! well done!!

We were with Burbank before but had to change builders coz they couldn't fit the house we wanted on our lot....

Aj

Hi Aj,

Thank you so much for your compliments on our colours
We can't wait to see it all come together!!

That's so disappointing that you couldn't build with Burbank
What house were you looking at? Who are you building with now?

Eiffel
Just having a read through your thread - it's all very exciting isn't it -even if it's not happening as fast as you want!

Hey Eiffel,

It's so exciting! We can't wait to get started, we are hoping for council approval this week *fingers crossed!*

I'm loving watching your build

cattycatcat

Thanks Cat!! You are a sweetheart!!

Still waiting on the silly council though and we realised that there was a mistake with the facade (in the drawings approved by the developer it noted we had contrast bricks on the facade, but we have requested to have the facade all one brick colour) so will be following that up with our contract co-ordinator tomorrow.

Any news on when you guys will get started? Have your revised plans been approved by council yet?

dazandstace
Hi Sar&Andy

Can you please tell me about the floor tiles you are having (AT Stone Grey 300 x 600 Mudberry Grout - Vertical stack)

We want something very simular, we have included in our new home order tiling for family living meals entry kitchen bathroom & laundry. Im worried upgrading to the tiles I want may cost way too much. I've heard cat 1 tiles aren't nice.

I hope you dont mind saying. The less suprises the better for us, we just want to be prepared to set a budget for edge.

Thank you

Hey dazandstace,

The tiles are Cat 3B so a fair way up the scale price wise, we have everything except the bedrooms and living room tiled and it cost us around the $4500 mark to upgrade to those tiles. There are some really nice coloured tiles in the Cat 2 range, it was just we fell in love with this one and it was exactly what we wanted for our colour scheme.

If there is anything else you want to know in regards to pricing of the upgrades let me know and I will help wherever I can, not knowing about costing was one of our biggest worries going in to colour selection.
Hey S&A
We were looking at building Ascent 2600 .... Now we are building with Carlisle Madison 27

Sar&Andy
ajantakadam
Hi Sar&Andy,

Aj

Hi Aj,

Thank you so much for your compliments on our colours
We can't wait to see it all come together!!

That's so disappointing that you couldn't build with Burbank
What house were you looking at? Who are you building with now?

Eiffel

Hey Eiffel,

It's so exciting! We can't wait to get started, we are hoping for council approval this week *fingers crossed!*

I'm loving watching your build

cattycatcat

Thanks Cat!! You are a sweetheart!!

Still waiting on the silly council though and we realised that there was a mistake with the facade (in the drawings approved by the developer it noted we had contrast bricks on the facade, but we have requested to have the facade all one brick colour) so will be following that up with our contract co-ordinator tomorrow.

Any news on when you guys will get started? Have your revised plans been approved by council yet?

dazandstace
Hi Sar&Andy

Thank you

Hey dazandstace,

The tiles are Cat 3B so a fair way up the scale price wise, we have everything except the bedrooms and living room tiled and it cost us around the $4500 mark to upgrade to those tiles. There are some really nice coloured tiles in the Cat 2 range, it was just we fell in love with this one and it was exactly what we wanted for our colour scheme.

If there is anything else you want to know in regards to pricing of the upgrades let me know and I will help wherever I can, not knowing about costing was one of our biggest worries going in to colour selection.
Related
18/08/2023
PCI - How thorough were you?

Building A New House

We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports with photos at every stage,…

7/11/2023
Question regarding PCI and H&C Insurance

Building A New House

i would not be signing anything on the day read your contract about when builder submits final invoice generally, have to meet builder within 7 days of receiving final…

24/05/2024
MJH 2024 - Timeframe from lockup to PCI

Building A New House

Anyone have any ideas on time frame? - Our gyprock got delivered today and SS said it will be all installed by end of this coming week with waterproofing to be done a few…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum