Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Somerfield Keysborough Stage 15ers

Page 1 of 24
Signed today

I can't see anyone from stage 15 in the 78 pages dedicated to Somerfield so far so I'm starting this thread.

If you're from stage 15 let's get the ball rolling so we can quickly solve issues (esp. time & money ones!)

Looking forward to moving in... in about a year
MiKu
Signed today

I can't see anyone from stage 15 in the 78 pages dedicated to Somerfield so far so I'm starting this thread.

If you're from stage 15 let's get the ball rolling so we can quickly solve issues (esp. time & money ones!)

Looking forward to moving in... in about a year

Hi, I am on stage 16..I think for sure now..It will be a very long delay.
Hi Stage16,

Why do you think stage 15 will be "a very long delay"??

I was there over the weekend and am quite happy with the progress so far and think a december land release is realistic.

Do you know something I don't please share.

Alex
Gex1986
Hi Stage16,

Why do you think stage 15 will be "a very long delay"??

I was there over the weekend and am quite happy with the progress so far and think a december land release is realistic.

Do you know something I don't please share.

Alex

Hello, Alex
You said that you went there on the weekend..mean "checking the land field work or just got information from somerfield". I will go there this weekend to do the deposit so I will check it out as well, how is the progress for my land field? hope it will be a good progress or otherwise..it is just a delay again for sure. Don't want to be delay becaz lots of people comment in (sommerfield estate topic)..most of them said expect to delay with every stage. Just only hope that our stage won't delay much becaz time count and money too.
Heard some good news today, dont want to get my hopes up too high, but our conveyance company called to say well have titles the end of the month

Which lot numbers are you guys?
Hi Somerfield stage 15ers,

Exciting we went down to the block today there is now asphalt down, street lights, man holes and other such items installed on Dahlia Crescent (approx from in front of block 1510ish/1537ish all the way down to 1546) nothing on the north end of the street yet.

Church Road near the corner of Stanley in front of blocks 1529-1535ish there is now street curbing and parking bays.

Also just in the sales office this afternoon. Both of the sales team informed us no news on the titles for stage15 as yet. This was confirmed by head office late yesterday afternoon.

Have a great long weekend all
Hi Everyone,

Me and my partner are looking at buying land in somerfield at stage 15. We are a young couple and are not looking at our dream home but just investing here living here for about 5 years until we get married and kids and so on....We were looking at Lot 1505, 1507, 1508 just the small 10m by 31.34m blocks.

We dont know what builders are good but are after 3 bedrooms 2 bathrooms single garage. Any suggestions with builders???

Also when choosing land could you guys bring the price down a little or was it fixed price. With site cost is it different with different builders and I saw a few plots with sienna homes are they good builders.

This process is soo stressful especially if your new at all this.
Hi gaz2204
It might be worth looking at the house and land packages seeing as were getting so close to settlement and many builders offer fixed site costs. My partner are a young couple without kids also, but we planning on staying in our house. Weve found dealing with Carlilse good so far and they have a good range of houses at lower price pints and for smaller blocks. The catch is that if the land is delayed you pay them but your covered for the first few months which shouldnt be an issue with satge 15 now. We have had friends build with them in Somerfield and were very happy with their build.
Do you know if 1551 is still up for sale? It is advertised on the Somerfield website with a Sienna homes single story for 430k
Its next to us so Im curious to know if we have a neighbor yet
Hi guys, My builder informed me that they are allowed on site late this week to conduct soil tests. It's about six weeks til release once they have been completed so that makes it mid-late May. Same as today's emai.
Our soil tests and surveys are already completed and sent back to the builder. Our CLE never said anything about the soil tests delaying the Title, infact she asked us if we have our settlement date yet.
Plus our soil tests took 2 weeks
And the email is only regarding the titles, settlement is still another 2 weeks after title
Hello all,

Great to stumble across this forum. we are stage 15, lot 1549, building with simmonds, single story Turin as just two of us at the moment. Buying to move in, first home.

Pleased with location, after expecting land to title Jan, then April and now May disappointed with somerfield and their rather slack and un engaging reps at office as like you all was expecting Jan title, but after reading online it seems very standard practice for developers to quote meaningless dates to sell land so looks like we are no exception.

havent looked at plot layout, do i have any neighbours on here

Cheers
Sherro
YES! Your our Neighbor!
We are lot 1550!
Its just the two of us too (Jen & Dan) building our first home also
So excited to find you!
Were building the Sienna 31 with Carlisle, double story but you guys are on the side with space between the fence line.
Our facade is the Sovereign, whats yours?
What's your partners name?
Hey Jen,

So lovely to meet you too.

I looked at the Sienna 31, nearly went it, its a great house ! Currently considering upgrading to double story with Simonds, as time has moved on have thought long and hard about it and think it might be a goer, you only do it once.

So, i'm also Dan, and my partner is Sandra, I am English (but moved here in 99) and Sandra is Hungarian/Australian. I am a Sales and Marketing Director for a global Marketing Agency and San is currently working in Security but retraining in aged care and nursing.

Currently have the Kyoto facade on the Turin, but as I said, we might have the Bentleigh before the week is out, I am determined to give my CSO grey hair

Cheers

Dan
Hi Dan! (How funny!)
Yes we decided on the double story so we have some backyard, your block is the same size as ours (12.4 x 30) I think? The blocks around us would be mostly single I think being 10m width's

Were both Aussies, I grew up in the area and Dans from Lakes Entrance on the East coast.
He is a Shift manager at Visy, I work in Printing and am also studying Advertising Part time Online

How are Simmonds to deal with? Carlisle have been great so far, its just everybody else who are making me pull my hair out! I wish someone could just give us a straight answer regarding the land, we signed on in September when titles were expected December. Our contract only covered us until the end of Feb, so the end of May means were up to 4 possible 5k in delay fees
Hopefully Carlisle will let us renegotiate
Hi Jen,

yes, we have the same sized block, we went the larger single story over double, but if had time again would probably go double, but thats fine, we can buy double next time as it is going to be major upheaval to change now and Simonds dont want a bar of it, which I understand.

I know Lakes Entrance well, I used to sing in a band that played in a club Bairnsdale and more recently at a new club in Lakes, we went once a month and had a big following down there. Love it down there, really cool people.

yeah I am with you, I think suffering first home buyer naivety. If I had my time again i'd buy land that is titled already and not land that isn't, because as you know, its all meaningless to say it will title on X, and dealing with sales people on such an emotional purchase is fraught with hazards. Simmonds are OK so far but the proof will be in the pudding when the house is actually built.

So the general rule I have picked up from the masses and also mates who have built is that the best thing you can do, is to employ the services of an independent building inspector to sign off on the Slab, timber, fixtures and lock up on your behalf, because that is where there will be tears in 3-5 years if problems, so we decided it was worth spending $1500 to get a professional to check and sign off each stage.

If I bought house and land again id interrogate the developers way more than we did. Still out of our control, lets just hope we are underway by mid year
Welcome to the Stage 15 waiting room Dan.

Good to here from others who will be living in Dahlia Crescent and how thier getting on, everyone seems really nice so i'm sure our stage will have a real small community feel.

Met a couple others from stg15 and seems to be quite a mix of nationalities which is great, my partner and I are australian born with european backgrounds.

Alex and Lauren
Hey Guys,

Good to hear from you all, I am on the Stanley road side, next door to jen and dan

I just received an email from the State Sales Manager at Simmonds and she absolutely assured me that she met with Intrapac last night and 'this is to confirm that the developer at Somerfield, Intrapac definitely confirmed titles for stage 15 in May 2012'.

So not long now guys !!!! Woot
Hi All,

Good to see everyone from Stage 15. The forum is a great way to meet the neighbours and get to know them. We are on Dahlia Crescent, lot 1521. It's just me and my wife and we are first home buyers.

Seems like the titlement will now happen in May. Other than that I am sure our stage will have small community feel

Keep Posting
Welcome RNS

Who are you building with?
Thanks Jen
We are building with met.ricon - Cedar plan ( For some reason forum does not allow me to enter the builder name in one word ).

Rahul
Related
20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

25/03/2024
Job sequences in fixing and fit-off stage

Building A New House

Thanks for much mate. I see that you do cabinets before flooring. For timber flooring, for most parts it's fine because it's got base plates, and for door jabs you can…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum