Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Kensington Gardens Estate, Drouin VIC

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
We are building our first house in Kensington Gardens Estate in Drouin Victoria. We would love to introduce yourselves and get to know our new future neighbours! We could also use this forum to chat about anything relating to our estate.
After a long awaited call from our real estate agent today, titles are due in 2 weeks!!
so i am sure it wont be too long until we all start the stress & excitement of construction.

I will start with the introductions - Our names are Gem & James. We are a couple in our mid 20's building our first house. We are building with JG King. Our family consists of us, 2 cats and a dog (so far...) and we have moved to Drouin as we love the big sized blocks and the fresh country air.

Look forward to meeting you all soon
Hi Guys!

We also got a call about titles today yeah! We are Paul and Michelle as well as our little man Cody and liitle girl Ella. We have 2 dogs and a moody cat, and we will be living at number 28 kensington square ( or lot 22 ) We got our final soil test back today ( We have had 2 done ) and we have come back with a P with a H class slab with piers, not looking forward to seeing our site cost bill, but at least we know our house wont move. I know the main builder in the estate RH are giving most of the blocks a M class slab. We are building the Ignis through Carlisle Homes. http://www.carlislehomes.com.au/img/upl ... plan_1.gif
So far we done all our colour selections, electricity selections, tender and contracts, but have been waiting on land titles to start. We have been waiting a while. ( December 2010 when they said titles were due ) so we have heard many dates, but this time our fingers are crossed coz the blocks look ready! We are hoping to start building within 2 weeks of settlement of land. One last thing, i have heard we have to pay for our own cross overs has anyone else heard this?

Cya soon and hopefully we get meet most of our neighbours.
Shell_Shell

i have heard we have to pay for our own cross overs has anyone else heard this?

Yes Shell, we have also been told this too
Yeah we need screw piers and 40 of them with a H class waffle slab! How come some other builders state that the blocks are a M?
Yeah Paper work is finally in at land titles!
WooHoo!
Woohoo settlement on the 29th of this month!
Shell_Shell
Woohoo settlement on the 29th of this month!

Our settlement is the same day! finally something is happening!

Our site costs might be higher than we expected due to some large trees on the property behind us, we are looking at moving the siting of the house a bit so it is further away from the trees and this should save us about $3600! We need to also have a stronger frame as it is a 'high wind area' which is costing us an additional $2100... oh and we also need a P class slab
Final drawings and colour selections in the next few weeks
No good with the P class soil test, we had the same. Our sites were aprox 23k.

And yeah colour selections! we r all moving forward!
Woo Hoo

We are now the proud owners of lot 22!
Congratulations!! Our settlement was finalised too

I think your house will be the first to go up! When do you start your build?
Congrats to you also jimgem.

We will start building in aprox 2 weeks.

And have you had your colour selections yet?
Yeah we start late next week early the week after and slab being laid around the 25th of this month! Cant Wait! Were like 2 kids in a candy store!
Awsome!, no more developments with ours yet. once we have done colour selections i will start a build thread for our place. In the meantime, when we go to check out our dirt we will swing by and check out your house too!!

Do you also have facebook? Inbox me your details (eg email address) and i will add you.... seeing as though we are gonna be neighbours!
So have u guys need piers on your block?
After many weeks of waiting for contracts.....we finally got them!! All signed, hopefully finance will be approved before xmas and we book in a start date for early Jan. I have noticed quite a few houses have started......some almost finished! Looking forward to the journey ahead
Related
23/02/2024
Building inspector recommendations for Melbourne VIC?

Building A New House

I have posted this before: We hired Darbecca to do every stage inspection, and I strongly recommend them to anyone that asks me. They were amazing. Thorough reports…

26/05/2024
Estate restricting lot owners installing rolling shutter

Renovation + Home Improvement

A lot of those Covenants are put in place at the time the Developers are still involved and marketing a certain look and they get ignored or expire after a time. If the…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum