Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

HELP HELP HELP US NEIGHBOURS

Page 1 of 1
Hey all you guys,
Guy's can you please help us with some great tradies.
We need someone to build our pegola approx 8 x 8, concrete our driveway, side of house and pave our rear yard as well as some extra concreting for the small garden shed at the rear. also anyone who can lay synthetic grass. Also someone who does fencing and blinds.
PLEASE HELP
pete and mala

whereabouts do u live??
HI
Stage 10 somerfield. keysborough
Not quite what you want, but almost... http://www.permablitz.net/what-is-a-permablitz

Or you could become an Amish and have a barn raising...

Ed
Hi pete and mala,

up to you of course, but you might want to not disclose your whole address on the forum, as it is public for anyone who chooses to look here to see. gabbybuild was just asking which general area you were in, so that people can recommend tradies to you who are in your area, and not a tradie in, say, Western Australia.

There is an edit button you can use if you wish to change your post to just say the suburb and state, this will be sufficient for people to answer your question.

Also, have you tried ****? I have used it a couple of times to find handymen and tradesmen and it worked really well.

good luck
Hi Pete and Mala,

I'm building in Somerfield too! Currently going through the same process as you.
Checkout: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=24067 lots of info for you there.

For the conctete I'm currently talking to Mentone PreMix. They have done a lot of the other driveways in the estate and can organise tradies.

For the fencing I have a few guys quoting at the moment. Will let you know if any come back reasonable.

For the turf, im going with real grass, so can't help you there. But a landscapper will prob do the turf and paving?

For the pergola, I looked at Stratco. They seemed to have some nice designs. But decided to go with a shade sail in the short term instead.

You can register a jobs on something like http://www.tradeconnect.com.au/ and get the trades to call you.

Hope that helps,

Milesy
Thank you all for your help
Related
3/12/2023
Neighbours rights to house access during reno

General Discussion

The only thing to add to these comments is that where possible it's always good to try and work with people than just say "no" because you can. Having someone…

13/05/2024
Building a boundary house - up against neighbours house

Building A New House

Good on you for having a go I am the opposite of DIY (so will pay a builder) - our vibe is industrial/simple so current thinking is 150mm concrete and then internally is…

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum