Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Should I clean?

Page 1 of 1
Further to Clath's post, I have been thinking for a few weeks now about the floors in our house. They are covered with dirt and cement dust, the frame is up, the wrap is on and the bricks are being done. Should I take a broom down and give it a good thorough sweep out so that all the excess stuff is off the floors? (Yes, I know there will be the bleeeeeep that will walk in with muddy shoes if it rains). I don't really want all that crap being plastered into the wall cavities either where it will sit for years.
We also have a puddle in the ensuite that is brown and growing wrigglers (mozzi larvae) - that will end up under the spa bath - when and who should empty this out and make sure there isn't mud left in it?
I figure either I do it, or I forget about it, as I don't want to get the builder off side because I'm a freak.

Ray.
Just ask him does he mind Ray.

Usually they will do the clean up at the end. But if you are prepared to do some in-between, then less they have to do at the end.

I’d ask him first. I don’t think he will mind.
Ray proberly be a good idea but you might be fighting a loosing battle. you would need to go there and clean often. A friend of mine was telling me recently that a couple had moved in to their newly built house and wondered why their carpet felt strange to walk on. They lifted it up and found rubbish underneath cigarette butts ect. The carpet layers or whoever hadnt bothered to sweep the floor before they had laid the carpet.
clath
Ray proberly be a good idea but you might be fighting a loosing battle. you would need to go there and clean often. A friend of mine was telling me recently that a couple had moved in to their newly built house and wondered why their carpet felt strange to walk on. They lifted it up and found rubbish underneath cigarette butts ect. The carpet layers or whoever hadnt bothered to sweep the floor before they had laid the carpet.

That’s a first,….haven’t heard that one before.

Shockers!!!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bI7vSYKp8vI
Just what I needed after a very long day Ash
double yuck.

that's it ... no carpet in our house
Why do you care if there's dust in your wall cavities?

There's probably a body under your kitchen bench, but unless you looked you wouldn't know.

Just get in with a blower, hell of a lot quicker
Related
22/04/2024
Best way to clean and fix the pavement

Landscape & Garden Design

I have stone pavement (?) in my backyard around the pool. I have not tended to them and so there is moss growing on them. I intend to clean them but was wondering what the…

3/06/2024
clean outdoor porcelain tiles

Outdoor Living

I’ve just had some outdoor textured porcelain tiles installed, and they’re already getting a bit dirty from all the trees and leaves that are around. I’m looking at…

28/07/2023
My builder made the wrong height door, what should I do next

Building A New House

i imagine you also have another contract with an architect? and yeah, whatever other's said about special conditions and appendices

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum