Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Austral Metalix Bronze Bricks - are you building with these?

Page 1 of 1
Is there anyone out there building with Austral Metallix Bricks?

If so I would love to know your colour choices. Or anyone's opinion on these colours please.

We are thinking of going with

Fascia - Dune
Mortor - off white
Windows - Trend Anodic natural matt windows
Roof Sheeting - monument
Roof tiles - Bristelle Coal Classic shingle tiles
Gutter and Barge - ironstone
Garage door - dune
Driveway - Bluestone

Thanks,
C
Re colour wise it's each to their own but they are very nice bricks that are a fairly expensive upgrade.

I would recommend that you talk to your builder about making sure that the bricklayer does an AS3700 mortar mix.
Visit the Thinkbrick website and download the PDF for The Brick Manual and the Industry Reference Guide.
http://www.thinkbrick.com.au/popular-manuals/

Off white mortar is a fine grind cement and becomes very hard very quickly so it should be laid as clean as possible when there is a high contrast to the brick. This will make it easier to brickclean reducing pressure damage to the metallic veneer on the brick

I also recommend that it is laid with a rolled joint. Flush joints will get small blowout holes from brickcleaning and are generally left in a dirtier state than flush or raked. You cannot use a raked joint as it will show the clay colour in the joint in the bed joint [horizontal mortar].

Cheers
Related
18/01/2024
Would you consider these issues as defects

General Discussion

Hi It came to my attention after the handover that - The facade cladding on the face and the side are not straight. -The face tapers down by 50mm from left to right and…

16/07/2023
Elevated House - can these horizontal beams be removed?

General Discussion

yes they don’t hold up the house

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum