Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

ICF builder in Melbourne? Recommendations please!

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

we are looking to build our new house in ICF (Zego, Ecoblock etc) and need an experienced builder. We have concept drawings and very soon a CAD model. Now we really need some price estimates to see if we can afford to build it. If you know a good builder with lots of experience in ICF we would love to know. We haven't decided on the product brand yet so any ICF is fine.

Thanks,

Felicity
Hi Felicity,

I have already sent you a PM.

It is good to see that a lot more people are considering ICF for their builds. It is still a relatively new concept in the Australian market so hence not a lot of people have built with it.

I still can't understand why a lot of tradies bulk at the idea (or charge you additional) given that it is just as easy (or even easier) to use than a conventional build using bricks.

You just simply cannot beat the thermal efficiency of ICF. It is like living in a giant Esky. In winter the temperature has not dropped below 14 degrees (no heating on) and summer I haven't see it exceed 24 degrees (no cooling on)
Hi Felicity and rlay1

We are more or less in your shoes, (just in the process of obtaining land...), and am seriously considering ICF.
Did you manage to find some information, and if so, would you be able to pass on some of that to me?
Especially builders, links etc.

Any idea of how ICF would behave on a slopy lot (5 meters difference or so.)

Thanks in advance

/Bengt
Hi Bengt,

Where are you planning to purchase your land?

I have already finished my build and it was also on a slope (some 6m fall) so no problems with ICF at all.

You can see the progress of my build at http://rlay1.blogspot.com/

If you have any questions just send me a message.

Cheers,
R.
Hi all, any ICF builder recommendation in Melbourne?
Hi ussmc,

I have sent you a PM
Hi all,

We are also looking at ICF for a residential build. Any chance of a builder recommendation in Melbourne?

Thanks,
Bec
http://www.thermacell.com.au/downloads/ ... d-builders

Go to ^ link. One of the builders would do it for $200k in expense of quality fittings and appliances. Another ICF builder (I think it was Zego) quoted $400k for a 320sq meter land (ouch…he can’t be serious!).
I ended up choosing a brick veneer builder, and I believed I can have whatever fittings and appliances I want. But sadly, that’s not the case. I’m up to the upgrading stage and it’s going way pass the $210k.
Looking back at it, I should have chosen the ICF builder who quoted $200k.
Hi All,

I hope I am not too late to add my notes to this Subject.
I have also been searching for builders in Melbourne to build ICF house in Melbourne West. But honestly there isnt much information available on the internet with their reviews etc. Could anyone please suggest me some builders ?

Thanks in advance for your post,

Regards,
Conty Constructions, in Seabrook.
They uses Zego.
http://www.hotfrog.com.au/Companies/CONTY-CONSTRUCTIONS
Hope you have the budget.
Hello ussmc,
Thanks a lot for your reply. I will give them a call and find out more.
Enjoy your weekend
Regards
Conty Constructions was who I used for my build.
If you have any questions feel free to PM me.
Related
26/01/2024
Precast Insulated Walls vs ICF

Building A New House

Good questions but the best answer will be obtained by visiting (ie: interviewing) a couple of house designers and/or builders and ask them. You may find it challenging to…

6/07/2023
CUSTOM BUILDER RECOMMENDATIONS WESTERN MELBOURNE

Building A New House

Hello, we can help you please get in contact 0421019219 thank you

22/11/2023
Volume Builder Recommendations - Sloping block - Melbourne.

Building A New House

i did click it, still couldnt make it out rofl. in any case, doesnt look like too extreme a slope, you may be in luck. Just shoot out some emails to volume builders in…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum