Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

lock up/enclosed

Page 1 of 1
What is Lockup or enclosed actually mean inregards to progress payments? Anyone who is currently building or have built what was done in your house when your builder claimed the enclosed payment???

We currently have windows in, bricks up plaster up, roof tiles on but not capped off no front door and 2 large bifolds not in, also no garage door. Main issue is large parapet above bedroom 2 not even enclosed and when it rains the plaster sheet in the room ceiling and walls get wet
ohh and the sewage air vent is not enclosed yet on the roof properly so water coming down the walls there too.

So would you call our house at lock up/enclosed yet? And would you pay the builder with this work not done???
Lock-up stage means everthing external is complete, the house can be locked up to prevent entry, and only internal work remains.

External doors missing and garage doors missing is definitely NOT lock-up stage.
I believe it depends on your builder and the method they choose under the HIA contract. It may be a % of the total progress of your home. This can mean it is classified as 'lock-up' under contract when it is not physically 'locked-up'. I would go back to your builder or contract before witholding payment and getting slugged extra interest. HTH.
Related
1/11/2023
Sourcing Enclosed Shower Frame Parts

Bathrooms and Laundry

I need to replace some lengths of aluminum shower frame but I can't seem to find any suppliers of this stuff. Neither the blue or orange home centers carry these things.…

20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum