Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Jack Lives Here! - Keys Are Ours!

Page 1 of 9
Now that we have our Building Permit I figure it is time to start our own thread for our build as the start date draws ever nearer.

Building the Ascent 3000 with Burbank in Aitken Park, Craigieburn.

http://www.burbank.com.au/HouseDetails.aspx?houseId=82

Our floor plan with some minor amendments:

8/4/10 - Job acceptance
13/5/10 - Contract signed
21/6/10 - Land settled
28/6/10 - Colour selection
16/7/10 - Working plans
30/7/10 - Engineering
11/10/10 - Building permit
18/10/10 - Final construction plans
20/10/10 - Site start letter
4/11/10? - Site scrape
29/11/10 - Slabbed
6/12/10 - Framed
10/12/10 - Fascia & guttering
27/1/11 - Lockup
28/1/11 - Plaster
4/2/11 - Fixout
21/2/11 - Painting
21/2/11 - Plumbing Fixtures
7/3/11 - Electrical Fitoff
15/3/11 - Plumbing Fitoff
15/3/11 - Tiling
18/3/11 - Driveway
21/3/11 - Carpet
14/4/11 - PCI
28/4/11 - Final Inspection
2/5/11 - Settlement/Handover
Love the walk in pantry... and the space in the ensuite
Very rectangular design right down to the square windows.
Final Construction Plans received today and had been signed, sealed and delivered.

Just one last item to go for the administration phase, the site start letter!
looks great!! are you having a two way pantry?
seems a bit odd when you could have more SHELVES on that wall..more storage!!!

nice design..like the study area

good luck
Yeah, two way pantry. More pantry space would be nice but it already has heaps plus I'd read/heard that the variation cost to close off one door and replace with more shelving is $1,800.

This is handy for taking groceries straight from car in garage into the pantry rather than stacking them all up on kitchen bench and then packing them away.

We moved the internal garage door to accommodate this and give us more space for decorative stuff in the entry way along with moving the alarm pad to the wall facing the pantry.
1800, forget that ay!!

just remember when you leave to go out OPEN THE DOOR
so you dont have to put the stuff on the floor...or around on the kitchen bench..ha ha, which defeats the purpose.
when you get home.

looks great, good luck
andynmel
Yeah, two way pantry. More pantry space would be nice but it already has heaps plus I'd read/heard that the variation cost to close off one door and replace with more shelving is $1,800.

This is handy for taking groceries straight from car in garage into the pantry rather than stacking them all up on kitchen bench and then packing them away.

We moved the internal garage door to accommodate this and give us more space for decorative stuff in the entry way along with moving the alarm pad to the wall facing the pantry.

I think its 1800 to close of the Pantry door + add extra shelves+change the kitchen layout so that it becomes L shape plus the island and the sink will be on the L shape next to the window....

Just to close off the Pantry door from laundry and add to the front was either 150 or 250 (can't remember).
Ahh, thanks for that clarification Ameya. Either way I'm happy with the two way access to the pantry and it has ample space for our needs so no need for us to change it.

Good news today, from the stagnation that we had from 30/7/10 awaiting final approval we have suddenly moved into overdrive with getting the building permit on 11/10/10, final plans on 18/10/10 and today we got an email advising that our site start letter has been sent.

Our build should start in the next week or two. I plan on heading our to lot tomorrow or Friday to have a final look pre-build and take some more photos. Also plan on checking out what other builds are in progress, as I understand it there are at least three other Burbank builds nearby and at least one other (Soul Wonder's) still in the admin stage.
Site start letter received in the mail today and I went out to our site as I haven't been there for the last 5 weeks. Last chance for a look hopefully before site works start.

Not a great deal has changed besides another neighbour starting their build, besides the weeds growing and the addition of a few McDonalds wrappers and the like. The neighbour was slabbed this morning and I bumped into him this afternoon as he was checking out his new slab, turns out he is building it as a rental property.

This was how our land looked when we agreed to the house & land package back in April this year. Note the purple line was my rough attempt to show our boundaries except I did it from memory and was slightly out, eg the right side boundary peg is just to the left of the line above the electricity pit:

A street away from us is another Burbank home in progress, this is also the Ascent with the same facade as us but a different colour scheme. I believe this one is the Ascent 2600:

I realise that whilst I've started my new thread and put up our progress dates I haven't included the important stuff like our colour scheme. We were slack and went with the colour board as trying to choose it all individually was beyond us both, it would've taken days to choose it all otherwise.

The only change we made to the colour board was to upgrade the carpet as we really don't want to be pulling up and replacing the carpet in 6 to 12 months time. It'll actually be the first place I've lived in with decent carpet from day 1:

External colours:

Internal colours:

Looks great andynmel, hope you have a hassle-free build!
Thanks acherion, after the 6.5 months it has taken to get this far I hope the same.

At the prompting of my other half I've finally gotten around to chasing up with my phone provider to finally get my voicemail working, nothing worse than playing phone tag!
Aaron & Erin
Love the walk in pantry... and the space in the ensuite

Strangely enough it was me, rather than my dear wife that was keen on the large walk in pantry. I was concerned with the lack of cupboard space in the kitchen itself. The island bench basically has the under sink area, dishwasher space, 4 drawers next to the dishwasher and one cupboard. The wall side has a cupboard either side of the upright cooker which we upgraded to a 90cm cooker and either side of the rangehood. Our current kitchen has much more cupboard space and it isn't enough room.

The ensuite nearly has enough room to swing a cat, not that I'd ever do that!

d@n
Very rectangular design right down to the square windows.

!!! I thought the windows were rectangular too!!!

kiwi
nice design..like the study area

With a little one and plans down the track for another one I figured that area would be good as a kids play area and later on as their study. I'll have the living room and the wife gets the family room.

NB: I've added our version of the floor plan to my first post.
Hi andymel, I noticed that in your plans it states translucent film for the bathroom, toilet and ensuite windows. I didn't know you could do this! Can I ask how much it was to put this on? It's far too late for me now, I'm hoping there's an easy solution (there should be, surely) to do this after we move into our house - maybe something at Bunnings that I could pick up, take home and apply myself.
Hi andynmel good to see things are moving for you hopefully you will get your start date soon.The area has really came along with all the new houses being built hopefully we will get our approval soon so we can start to build.Your house planes look really good and your colour selection is awesome we chose similar colours for our house
acherion
Hi andymel, I noticed that in your plans it states translucent film for the bathroom, toilet and ensuite windows. I didn't know you could do this! Can I ask how much it was to put this on? It's far too late for me now, I'm hoping there's an easy solution (there should be, surely) to do this after we move into our house - maybe something at Bunnings that I could pick up, take home and apply myself.

We asked for frosted glass at the colour selection but were told that the double glazed windows only come in clear so the only alternative was to add a translucent film. This variation cost $45 per window. It's probably much cheaper to do it yourself after handover by buying the film, I'm pretty sure there was a discussion about this on the Building With Burbank thread.

soul wonder
Hi andynmel good to see things are moving for you hopefully you will get your start date soon.The area has really came along with all the new houses being built hopefully we will get our approval soon so we can start to build.Your house planes look really good and your colour selection is awesome we chose similar colours for our house

Damn! Still no approval? No luck with chasing it up with your Burbank admin or the local council? Good thing with the colour selection that we aren't next door to each other.
Goodluck with your build. Your colour selections look great.

I agree with the carpet. May aswell start off with the good stuff.
We chose not to until the kids get older and hopefully there'll be less accidents in the rooms with carpet.

Facade looks gorgeous...
Looks like some action has been taking place without my knowing it. We now have a temporary fence, a site scrape and the all important portaloo!

I rang my liaison person who told me the action is scheduled to continue next week with the set out being booked in for 8/11/10, electrical connection on 9/11/10 and storm water & sewer on 11/11/10. She expects that we should get the slab poured on 12/11/10 or 15/11/10.

Looking good andymel! Bet you're all excited.

Looks like you'll have just as much front yard as we will - just enough for the dunny! Can I ask how deep your lot is?
Yeah, we are excited that things are finally moving. The lot is 32 metres.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum