Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

THE KINGSBOROUGH: CURTAIN PHOTOS AT LAST!!!!!!!

Page 1 of 64
Hello, we are a senior-ish couple building our home for retirement. We love living in the Adelaide Hills and especially the weather, building for the first time, we are hoping to end up with a comfortable beautiful home with plenty of outdoor entertaining area, we both love gardening and hopefully will have a very easy to maintain attractive garden. So at the moment we are waiting for settlement of land which should be any day now, the plans are in Council waiting for settlement, the bank has approved the loan and we wait. Our block is in Mount Barker, 608m2 and the builder is Hickinbotham.
That didn't start off very well I will have to practice with the photo thing
I hope you get the idea
the block looks great!
are you able to upload your plan again but this time resize it as you up load it to photo bucket/ tinypic etc to 'message board', or 15'' size so that when you put it on here it is bigger?

my eyes are not as they were and I cant see it!! ha ha
I use www.tinypic.com and you dont have to sign in, just upload..then put the link on to your thread.
way easy...

cant wait to see the plan!
Hi Lucene,

Thanks for starting your own thread. I'll watch your thread with interest. I hope you get progress soon. I like your house plan. I have saved a copy from Hickinbotham's website and put it on here for you.

I hope that is better thankyou carlswil for doing that I need to practice more and hopefully I'll be getting lots of practice.
wonderful! how exciting for you both.

great design
elevations;
kiwi
wonderful! how exciting for you both.

great design

Thankyou kiwi we think so too
Looks great. Looks like you've mastered the posting of pictures.
Lovely windows in your meals and family area Lucene, wishing you all the best on your first time build
brb_654
Lovely windows in your meals and family area Lucene, wishing you all the best on your first time build
Thankyou brb that is one of the reasons we both loved this design, and that side of the house faces north so makes it very light and bright.
View from family room looking north:
Congratulations on starting a thread Lucene!

Lucene
Hello, we are a senior-ish couple building our home for retirement

Really? You don't sound like a senior-ish person in your posts. Are you sure?

I really like your plan - especially that dining area - and your estate looks lovely.

Good luck with your build - I'm looking forward to seeing your shale grey roof.
Thanks steg, yes I really am senior-ish my DH wanted to put senior but I changed it
I also cannot wait to see the Shale Grey hat! Anyway haven't heard anything today sooo I think it WILL be next week.
(Wedding Anniversary next week 39 years so maybe it can be our gift)
Hi Lucena

Congratulations on 39 years of marriage!!!

I like your house plans. I have been through the display home at Flagstaff Pines - its a great design that lets loads of light through the house. Your views look great too.

Look forward to seeing your slab go down
Love the view Lucene!! Happy Anniversary
Sorrento
Hi Lucena

Congratulations on 39 years of marriage!!!

I like your house plans. I have been through the display home at Flagstaff Pines - its a great design that lets loads of light through the house. Your views look great too.

Look forward to seeing your slab go down

Hi Sorrento, thankyou for the good wishes, yes we also went to Flagstaff Pines and had a look through there, that is the other reason we picked this design for being very light and open, we are hoping to hear something this week
fingers crossed.
brb_654
Love the view Lucene!! Happy Anniversary

Hi brb, thankyou also for the good wishes, I just hope that when we are finished we still have a little bit of a view.
Hi just thought I would update, had a phone call today from conveyancer and settlement is Friday
, so wow finally it is happening, our Anniversary is Saturday, so early present. I cannot wait for the next chapter
Lucene
Hi just thought I would update, had a phone call today from conveyancer and settlement is Friday
, so wow finally it is happening, our Anniversary is Saturday, so early present. I cannot wait for the next chapter

Great news Lucena

Plenty of celebrating for you both this weekend
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum