Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

CLENDON VALE HOMES

Page 1 of 1
WOW!!!!!!!!!!

Check out the houses at http://www.clendonvale.com.au
Clendonvale Homes are the upmarket division of H3nley that are for the Bayside and Inner Metro Melbourne ONLY....

I will be checking out their Keysborough display this weekend. But when they start at $608,000K for 35.14sq ranging up to $874,600 for 50.68sq
(NO THIS IS NOT A TYPO ERROR EITHER!!!!!!!!)
- it means that they are a little out of our range.

But check out their website anyway. I love the interior colours and designs....

Check it out and tell us what you think????????
Sorry, looking at the inclusions and the plans, I don't see the value.
The interiors were nice but not what I'd have (eg, marble kitchen). One of the displays had a killer benchtop - it has a breakfast bar bit at the end that sticks out more than the rest - running the opposite way. I could see me running into that all the time. I do it with the end post of my bed and have a constant bruise on my thigh.
Looking at the inclusions it wasn't that special.

Ray.
I'm with Ray - I just don't see how they can justify those prices.

There's nothing really that special about the floorplans - and sure they look nice and have some great inclusions but I'd reckon you could get some or all of those inclusions as extras with any builder and still not be paying that much.

And from what I've seen on this forum, you can get a custom designed home at the same level of quality at the same price (or even cheaper) - and then it's something that suits you and your block down to the ground!
Hey Phoenix,

How was the rest of your w/end??

The wife & I ended up taking a look at the 3 H3nl3y homes on Saturday, & to be honest, like Ray, I don't see how they justify their $$$.

We did take away some ideas from each of the homes that we can incorporate into our house, but for an overall of all 3, I expected them to hit me in the face, so to speak for what they are worth, but didn't get very excited at all.

Cheers,
Mike.

PS... Couldn't help it.. Had to take a look at our site on Saturday.
You are better off going with a builder that has a proven track record in quality work.
I saw it on Saturday too.

I really liked the single story house, the colours were good. Agreed that the house plan is pretty average.

You can build a really nice single story with 608K, incl landscaping, lights, and everything else they didnt include with the base price.
Hi guys, we went there late on Sunday and only 2 of the 3 houses were open. The biggest and most expensive house, The Legra was closed as a child had run through the glass sidelight next to the front door on Saturday...(Fess up Firthy, your kids ran riot didn't they????
-only joking!!!
)

Being the picky people we are, we picked a number of issues in the houses that hadn't been "fixed" up yet. The finishes were nice, but it was the little things like some doors with no door stops and the door closers were hitting walls and taking off the paint in some spots. Tags still on some of the plants outside. Little things...

I don't know if i'd pay that much money for those houses. I understand they are priced as displayed, but some of the inclusions we have in our house (yes as upgrades, but still, nice to know that our taste is included in those sorts of houses. I liked the master robes though.

Must say (to my hubby's discontent) that i bought a drum light for one of oure rooms and i saw the same thing in one of the houses.

So my taste isn't that bad
- if i say so myself!!!!

Firthy, you could've given us a tour on Saturday if you were going down there!!!! We met one more of the neighbours so that was a worthwhile trip to our block anyway.

I did fall in love with one of the light fittings in the single storey which i found out was sourced through Custom Lighting. Priced at $$2500 for the 12 light version and $3250 for the 30 light version (pictured here).

Hmmmm shame, gorgeous light, but a bit pricey!!!!!

I looked mainly to pick up decorating ideas. The colour schemes are nice though.... Worth a look if only for tips....
... I did notice that light fitting OMG $$$$$... Just been flicking through the brochure today. They have really catered for the local demographic with most of the interior designing.

Last minute decision to check out the block. The kids were asleep in the back of the car on the way home from the H3nl3y display so we drove through the bottle shop, got a couple of drinks & went & checked out our view. Every time we go & have a look just makes us more excited about when it's all going to be completed & we can enjoy it without having to drive home to our old house

Next time you're in town, let me know & we can compare dirt...

Hey, just noticed... You look like your avatar

Cheers,
Mike.
Firthy_26
:shock: ... I did notice that light fitting OMG $$$$$... Just been flicking through the brochure today. They have really catered for the local demographic with most of the interior designing.

Last minute decision to check out the block. The kids were asleep in the back of the car on the way home from the H3nl3y display so we drove through the bottle shop, got a couple of drinks & went & checked out our view. Every time we go & have a look just makes us more excited about when it's all going to be completed & we can enjoy it without having to drive home to our old house

Next time you're in town, let me know & we can compare dirt...

Hey, just noticed... You look like your avatar

Cheers,
Mike.

Thanks Mike, i'll take that as a compliment!!!
**Phoenix**
I did fall in love with one of the light fittings in the single storey which i found out was sourced through Custom Lighting.

slightly unrelated, but thanks for posting the name of that company! they have the pendant lights that we were looking for
Now that i check their website again, you mean this one:

Glad that you finally found it!!!
Call them for pricing and also call their outlet store? You may be in luck. Hopefully they will be able to post it to you, if they don't have a store up near you?
Had a look at the display home they auctioned recenly for charity.. I agree with everyone else, I think they are sadly overpriced and I could not see the quality..

I think Henley had a good idea getting into the higher market, but geezz $600K plus., Me thinks they would have been better off aiming at the $400 to $600K.. for the $$ they are asking you could get a personally designed architect home for the same money and fit out...
Thumbs down from me too. Very dull floorplans, and the prices are ridiculous for what is basically a tarted-up H*****.
They even had the cheek to advertise in a weekend paper's home section that "Our first home sold for 2.92 million dollars in Brighton"
Obviously that price has more to do with it being in BRIGHTON, not because of the actual house
In the words of Darryl Kerrigan in The Castle "tell 'em they're dreamin!"

Eimaj
Phoenix….lighting…..dust collectors!!!!

Not my cup of tea!
I know, but i love them, they can add so much to a room. Didn't put too much effort into it in the old house, mainly downlights, but the new house, i want t make it a little different. I want feature pieces that i can be happy with for a few years, while i save up for a new one
(She says while waiting for the slap over the back of the head from hubby!!!)

Of course $2-$3k is a little bit over the top for me...
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

10/03/2024
New Homes - Arli Homes

Building A New House

Hi there! Putting the feelers out there for those who have (or almost) built with Arli homes! Interested in your experiences who've built from their stock home designs…

28/06/2023
Boutique Homes

General Discussion

Thanks for the insight.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum