Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

people with dark tiles dark grout......pics please?

Page 1 of 2
ive looked through a heap of blogs, would love for people who have dark floor tiles with dark grout to post them here....please
Hi, I'm not sure what colour your tiles are, mine are chocolate with chocolate grout and i did panic before they went down but everytime I go and look at them I love them. I've posted one on here but go to my thread to see more
http://i925.photobucket.com/albums/ad92/barbs68/house178.jpg
dark brown tiles with dark brown grout:
more nicer indeed...
spammer
i dont get it donuts??
joined today, 3 posts, link in signature...looks like a spammer?

sorry if I'm wrong
this is why I am not a moderator
Iconic….I have removed your signature.
It’s not allowed until you have over 50 posts, or you are a paid advertiser here on Homeone.
would dark grey grout be better than brown grout? Does anyone do grey on brown tiles?
don't you like my dark brown grout makoby
no no no!! I really love it!!! Im just asking because the grout people came out and did a few 'testers' on my tiles and the brown grout colour didnt look right, kind of clashed and gave the tile a purplish appearance.

There were about 3 different browns and a couple of greys and from applying them it seemed to be the better option, but i dont know if its the right thing to do or not.

I love your tiles!! I wish mine were like that to start with, its exactly what i wanted to start with and now paying thousands to try and get
thats ok i wasn't really crying

funny how it made the tile look purple!
i wonder if it dries differently? did you take pics?
If you have a look in my thread we had brown tiles with like a grey wash over them in our reno in our old place and we used a grey grout "Slate Grey" from Dunlop - it is actually a lot darker in real life than it is in these photos and I think it looked good.
i stupidly left my camera at home (oh and dont worry, i really WAS crying when the grief off my grout set in

I took a couple of pics on my camera phone but you just cant tell

He said it drys a little bit lighter but not much. I think because my tiles a re a 'warm' brown, the brown colour they had was a full brown colour, kind of like dirt, so it looked quite different, it look 'ok' but the grey looked better.....i think

It was hard to as it was only a small area, and the light was really going so i was relying on having the light on which gives a different look again.

The guy said he would bring the colour and do a large section and hope i like it, but that doesnt help if i dont cos i then have to wait at least another week or so to have him in again and order another colour.

Im just so stuck!!
hmmm. i think our colour was called espresso. but our tiles migh tbe more of the fuller brown you are talking about...

can he not do the colour matching thing to any dulux colour? obviously not, but the Jasmino/Jansimo guy could when i got him out.

did he give you a good price? (edit - just saw the other thread $2k)
i dont know if the price was great or not! I was quoted 25-30 a sq mt and i had 100 sq mt's and haggled for 2k as a cash job. But i really dont have much to compare it do.

He said you cant mix the colour. The company is groutworx
maybe get another quote? another guy might have a colour you're happier with too?
problem is, theres is NO one in my area that does it

This guy even come from over an hour away
We have black floor tiles in our ensuite. I wouldn't say they are a true black but probably have a bluish tinge to them. I went for charcoal grout and love it. We also have vertical white textured glass tiles going up in the shower and this is where I got the grout colour changed to white so the tile looked seamless. I will have to check out photos but if you look at "dollarz" house thread you may be able to notice the dark tiled/grout ensuite.
makoby
problem is, theres is NO one in my area that does it

This guy even come from over an hour away

bummer, you tried jansimo then?

http://www.jansimo.com.au/Jansimo/Grout ... aling.html

(I dont work for him or anything, sorry to keep coming back to him LOL!)
I just phoned that company. The guy was really nice and very helpful

He said that my price was very reasonable and he uses the same product as i have looked at (grout perfect)

He was unsure on what colour to advise without seeing the tiles though which is fair enough

And he doesnt do my area

Maybe I should start my own business!
Related
24/10/2023
Dark Interior Tiles - Charcoal

Building A New House

Hi All, I am looking to go with tiles instead of laminate timber flooring throughout my living areas for my new build (Ashbury 29 - Henley). My whole colour scheme is on…

5/08/2023
Grout tile around spigot?

Paving & Concreting

Thanks splashers, that makes sense. The waterproofing guy used this Davco product, I will raise the issue with builder and hopefully get resolved with him - if not…

20/10/2023
Grout stains in new bathroom

Bathrooms and Laundry

Hi everyone, Have just put a shower in the laundry and after only using it 2-3 times have noticed staining on the grout. The tiles were glued onto a concrete wall after…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum