Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Looking to Build Sutherland Shire Internal Lot Def Query

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I was hoping someone may be able to help me. At the moment I am scouring the listings, looking to build 2 detached dwellings, Dual Occupancy and subdiving Torrens Title on a single block in the Sutherland Shire.

I have read the DCP and SSLEP2006 and understand you cannot create an internal lot when subdividing a Dual Occupancy.

We may be able to place the two properties side by side with a division down the centre of the block, at nearly a straight line. I am not sure what specifics are used to determine an internal lot?

Due to the width of the block we cannot fit both side by side at the front of the lots.

One would be approx 7m setback from the road, the other 25m setback. Would this be classified as an internal lot?

Where should I start? Council planner? Town planner? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thankyou for your help
I would call sutherland council or maybe call a local builder in the shire they may be able to help you
i assume by an "internal lot" they mean one that doesn't have land or a right of way accessing the road - think of it as being an island surrounded by the other land.

but you'd be best speaking to the council about this.
Related
21/10/2023
anyone build on zero lot line more than 11 meters? Urgent.

Building A New House

I am building in claymore NSW and this is shown in the building envelope plan. …

4/09/2023
driveway related query

Paving & Concreting

Thank you ponzutwo for the information, much appreciated.

9/10/2023
Payment Structure Query in MBA Contract: Seeking Advice

Building A New House

There is no reason why building contract reconciliation cannot be done prior to handover, if the builder won't do it get someone to do it for you. Why would you pay for…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum