Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

facades in Aurora

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

I have doubt regarding facades in aurora
my sales rep from Burbank told me , i cant have a facade that is similar to my neighbour’s (3 houses on both side of my house).
but michelle from vicurban said i can have it if my neighbour is not building the same model house (eg: Ascent 2500.), means two houses in the same street can have a similar facade if the models are different .

I really like the Ontario façade.

please advise
Hi Jean,

I was told the same in terms of facades but I am not sure what happens if the house type is different. Maybe you should consult back to ur BB sales person. I am sure they will find a solution for this. Maybe you could ask for the modified Ontario facade. I am assuming u r planning to build the Ascent 2500...congratulations...We are building the same house too....Let us know how you go with ur facade selection...Best of luck.

Cheers,
Ameya
Go back to your contract and read the covenants relating to facades. That's a very common restriction - ours says you may not have "the same or a very similar" facade as any other house within 3 houses, blah, blah. I read that as meaning that you can't have the same facade from the same builder, regardless of which house you're building.

Of course, if they're very different shapes, especially if one is a single storey and one a double, you'd possibly get away with it, as long as colour schemes were quite different.

See what the exact wording is - you could just get the builder to submit the plans for developer approval, but if it's knocked back and you have to resubmit, there may be additional costs, so I'd want to be pretty certain first.
Related
You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum