Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Second time lucky, let's hope so......

Page 1 of 1
After cancelling the contract with our first builder we have finally signed with our second.
Hopefully this will be a smoooooooth journery for the six of us, me, him, his two and my two, yep bit of a Brady Bunch thing happening. Now for colour selections again, I hope some of the fun and excitement returns.
Good luck Jimbo, sounds like you deserve an easy ride now!

Bel
Sometimes it's the simplest things we overlook!!!! We received an invoice for a council levy that HAS to be paid otherwise it MIGHT hold up the building permit. I made sure I paid it the following day, got back to the office to send off a copy of the receipt to the surveyors and it has someone else's name on it. My mistake for not checking it at the point of payment. Three days later and I'm still chasing the council for the correct receipt, they have no idea how this could have happened and it appears no idea how to rectify it. Not happy, will teach me to be more diligent in the future.

Mrs J
Related
28/06/2023
Second story extension on steel frame house

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, We have a single story MacDonald Jones house, on a waffle pod slab with steel frame. Are we able to build a second story extension? Other info is we are 900mm from…

27/03/2024
Forest adjacent with stonework -Colours for our second dwell

General Discussion

We are building a second dwelling and are currently selecting window and door frames. We want to blend into the forest and also bring out the stone work and the fake wood…

15/08/2023
I often get asked if now is a good time to build

Building A New House

Well thats a relief! The whole family is sick of waiting.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum