Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Insurance Certificate for new house in victoria

Page 1 of 1
Hi alls

My bank need me to provide Insurance Certificate for final payment.

How can I organized that because my builder say the have been provide me already.

please give me the answer for my first home

Thanks

pete
I believe the bank requires you to have organised the insurance for the house, and they need a certificate for this. Not the building insurance that the builder originally organised. They want to make sure that if anything were to happen to your house eg fire, that you are covered by insurance.
The bank would have already received the Building Insurance Cert you where thinking about. Carlswil could be right in saying they need your home insurance details. My builder has a standard house insurance policy that they give for 6 months after settlement.

Write back with an update.
Related
20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

3/12/2023
How much damage to a house before insurance decide to settle

General Discussion

I thought this would be a popular question but I haven't been able to find any similar posts. Perhaps I'm wording my searches wrong? When you have car insurance and the…

8/02/2024
Building a new home , insurance questions

Building A New House

Hi Suku18 In NSW the statutory required insurances are: 1. HBCF ( Home Building Compensation Fund) - This is if the builder dies or goes broke. But this only covers 20%…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum