Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Flaggie's Home - Master BR update pg.69

Page 1 of 70
Hi Everyone and welcome to my thread!

I thought it was about time I start this! Soooo basically HTB and I are FHB's like alot of people on here.
We purchased our land in July '09 and ever so patiently waited for it to Settle in April '10. Hopefully we will start building next month. We received our finalised copies of contruction drawings yesterday
so it's all downhill from here!!!!

Here's my house plan:

The changes we've made are:
Entry door from garage to house
900mm cooktop in lieu of standard
No render (Will DIY!
)
Extra powerpoints
Lan cable from study/home theatre to lounge (So we can watch movies straight from the computer!)
Upgraded tiled areas to entry, dining and lounge
Upgraded toilets from standard to Porsher Renso
Upgraded from standard plastic laundry trough to metal bowl

Outside Colours/Selections
Bricks: Boral - Amber Blaze
Roof Tiles: Bristile - Magnum
Garage door, fascia, infill panel, gutter colours: CB Monument, CB Evening Haze
Render Colour - TBA
Interior Colours

Kitchen
Main Cabinetry: Laminex - Espresso Ligna
Island Bench Doors: Formica - Cappucino
Benchtop: Laminex - Ash White
Wall Colour: Wattyl - Oriental White
Feature Tile: Gloss Brown 100mm x 400mm
Floor Tile: Kimberly Smoke 333mm x 333mm

Bathrooms
Main Cabinetry: Laminex - Smoky Sapelle
Wall Colour: Wattyl - Oriental White
Feature Tile: Border glass tile - Panorama Green
Floor Tile: Kimberly Grey 333mm x 333mm

Renso Toilet Upgrade

Main Bathroom Basin & Mizi Tap on LHS

Floor tiles & Carpet
Lighter - Bathroom
Darker - Main floor tile
I found you

Love those floor tiles with the carpet, they'll look gorge!!! Are you doing feature tiles in the bathroom and ensuite or just running the same colours up the walls as well as the floor? I quite like the simple look, our initial plan was the same tile everywhere but now decided to use the floor colour up the shower wall in the ensuite and over the bath in the bathroom and use a plain white tile elsewhere in those rooms. The feature tile when you don't really have a feature tile

Oh and good luck with the DIY render
You're very brave - I'm such a scaredy cat about that sort of thing
Uhhh... Thanks Dilla! Feeling the love!

Yes we're doing a small feature border underneath our mirrors in the ensuite and bathroom. I leave my camera cord at my parents place so I'll have to show you tomorrow~!

Quote:
The feature tile when you don't really have a feature tile
Hahaha! I totally agree!!

Quote:
Oh and good luck with the DIY render
You're very brave - I'm such a scaredy cat about that sort of thing
LOL.. Well I'm the type that will try anything when it comes to DIY... I'll be tackling the decking as well without the HTB...
We'll see how we go!
Finally Flaggie!
Deemaree
Finally Flaggie!

Yes.. I know it's about bloody time!
Time to post some more pictures as I can't sleep!

Some lovely canisters from Spotlight! And my red tea towels! I brought a matching floor mat aswell!

Purchased this one from Villa & Hut. The 8 holder version is only $30 on sale if anyone is interested!

More pictures to come!
Yay pics!
You've got a nice vibe happening there Flaggie! Have you got photos of your colour selections throughout the house?
Thanks Deemaree!

I've been working hard all week but am going to spend the weekend putting a mood board together for each room... better understanding of the colours and furniture I want to use =)
Here ya go Dilla,

Main bathroom tile next to feature tile. The grey is actually alot lighter!

It's more like this

Cabinetry - Laminex Smokey Sapelle
flagstaffIV

Like Like Like!! That's a really pretty colour Flaggie
Are you doing a horizontal or vertical strip? That would work either way, wouldn't it
That's the beauty of a great tile - you can do so much with it

I can tell already that I'm going to love your place - everything I've seen so far is great

Have any of your neighbours started or finished building yet, or are you the first in your area?
dilla
Like Like Like!! That's a really pretty colour Flaggie
Are you doing a horizontal or vertical strip? That would work either way, wouldn't it
That's the beauty of a great tile - you can do so much with it

I can tell already that I'm going to love your place - everything I've seen so far is great

Have any of your neighbours started or finished building yet, or are you the first in your area?

Uhhhh Thank you! You are too sweet

Just a vertical strip directly underneath the mirrors in our bathrooms. Couldn't afford much else really... It already cost us $2500 to fully tile the entry, dining and lounge area, so I limited myself as much as I could... booo hooo

Allthough... This would have looked awesome!

OR This!!! I'm in awe... *wanders off into dream land*

Well there are currently 2 Urbanedge houses that have just started. One of them is my next door neighbour... They are going to make my house look like a little school girl.
There are a couple of us PD people building all at the same time so I guess we'll all be third together
Deemaree
Yay pics!
You've got a nice vibe happening there Flaggie! Have you got photos of your colour selections throughout the house?

Deeeeeeerrrr me! Should've answered your question properly... I stupidly didn't take any pictures while I was at the Colour Selections place. I thought I had all my colours planned out and then the rep said to go with different colours... and then I changed my mind and went with what I have now... Should've just went with my instincts!
I love that "Wash behind your ears"tiling!
If only
YOur colours will look great together too!
Deemaree
I love that "Wash behind your ears"tiling!
If only
YOur colours will look great together too!

Me too ... that would cost a fortune, so much detail. Each tile would be placed one by one and they are like 2cm x 2cm each
Yes! Someone did!

Here it is!!!

I don't think I've ever been soooo excited to see a fence!

(Edited for privacy reasons)
Hi Flagstaff, good to see you have now got your own thread!!
Love your house design & colours. That bathroom was certainly out there but I am sure first thing in the morning it would have been a little much esp if you had had a few drinks the night before!!
Look forward to sharing this exciting journey with you!! Yay for sitescrape!!
*singing...."Just fence me in!"
jodie76
Hi Flagstaff, good to see you have now got your own thread!!
Love your house design & colours. That bathroom was certainly out there but I am sure first thing in the morning it would have been a little much esp if you had had a few drinks the night before!!
Look forward to sharing this exciting journey with you!! Yay for sitescrape!!

Thanks Jodie! Yes I can imagine a crazy night and then walking into that bathroom and and feeling all dizzzzzzy...
Now where are your colours selections?? Looked through your whole thread and couldn't find and piccies...

Deemaree
*singing...."Just fence me in!"

Related
30/08/2023
Builder has set mediation with Master Builders GC. Any tips

Renovation + Home Improvement

Thank you so much. This has been very helpful. We definitely wish to settle and get these people out of our life. They are trying to charge us interest on late…

12/12/2023
Rumpus conversion to a master with ensuite

Renovation + Home Improvement

From the information posted it looks to me your rumpus room is nothing more than extended garage. That will present a number of challenges. Single brick wall between…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum