Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Byford On The Scarp, Perth

Page 1 of 1
Hi is anybody here building at Byford On The Scarp in Perth?

Would love to chat to some locals!! Have seen a few people from The Glades estate but nobody from the Scarp yet!

We nearly built in the Glades but the time the titles were taking put us off and we changed to a block in the Scarp instead!!

Hope to see some people soon!
Hi Mrs D and welcome to Homeone!

Who are you building with and which plan? Best of luck with it all
hi mrs D welcome to the forum cant wait to see your journey good luck
Thankyou!

I am coming in a bit late in our building journey (only just found out about this site!). We are building with Easy Living Homes - the Cape Le Grand plan. Will post a link later my 3yr old is getting impatient for lunch atm!! lol

But so far it has taken 18mths since council approval and 12mths since earthworks were done! We are nearly there and hoping for handover either next week or week after - builder can't give definite as to when all will be done!

Look forward to chatting more!
Hi and welcome. I am one of "the glades" people. We did look at the scarp its a really nice area as well. It was more established than here as well.

We are moved in to our house now.

Hope yours if finished soon.. it seems to be taking its time lol
We have just signed up and paid our deposit for our block at Byford on the scarp.. Stage 6.
Titles aren't due till May *groan*
Looks like a lovely area, we will be building with Aveling homes.
Can't wait!!!
Hi Sweetpea67 - welcome to Byford On The Scarp (well when your house is done anyway!!). Which street are u in? We are all moved in to our house now finally! It is really lovely living in this estate - I am sure u will love it!!

Seeing as you have bought a block in stage 6 - have u got any updated info on shops/school for our estate that the sales guy told you?

Good luck with it all - I am sure May will come around soon enough!!
Hi Mrs D sorry i'm a bit late getting back on here.

There is a school planned for a street behind us, our street will be called Quiberon link, but i'm not sure what kind of school, primary, secondary, public or private.
He said something about a shop but was a bit vague about it all.

Who was your builder? What street are you in? We drive through there every now and then just to have a look at how things are progressing (they're not lol) and people are so friendly and give us a wave
Sweetpea67
Hi Mrs D sorry i'm a bit late getting back on here.

There is a school planned for a street behind us, our street will be called Quiberon link, but i'm not sure what kind of school, primary, secondary, public or private.
He said something about a shop but was a bit vague about it all.

Who was your builder? What street are you in? We drive through there every now and then just to have a look at how things are progressing (they're not lol) and people are so friendly and give us a wave

That's ok I know how it is and sometimes forget to check back to this forum now!!

Oh yes I know Quiberon Link we are on Walja Bend which comes off Quiberon Link!! Are you in the stage they have just completed? I know the school planned is a public primary school - the next school planned for Byford is in 2013 but I am not sure if it will be in our estate or The Glades. I really really want it to be in The Scarp so I can walk my Daughter to school but I think the Glades might get it
(sorry Glades ppl!!)

I bet you can't wait for your house to start!! We built with E*asy L*iving Homes and well all I can really say is be very very very glad u are not building with them!! I saw some business type people up the end of the estate they will be doing next so hopefully the next stage is getting underway soon! I cannot wait for the big open park they are going to have with footy goals and a kickabout area!! Plus more kids playground equipment - should be good and will be very close to you as it is to us!!

Are you living close by at the moment? We need more people in Byford so that they hopefully give us more facilities and shops!!

[/quote] yes I know Quiberon Link we are on Walja Bend which comes off Quiberon Link!! Are you in the stage they have just completed? I know the school planned is a public primary school - the next school planned for Byford is in 2013 but I am not sure if it will be in our estate or The Glades. I really really want it to be in The Scarp so I can walk my Daughter to school but I think the Glades might get it (sorry Glades ppl!!)

I bet you can't wait for your house to start!! We built with E*asy L*iving Homes and well all I can really say is be very very very glad u are not building with them!! I saw some business type people up the end of the estate they will be doing next so hopefully the next stage is getting underway soon! I cannot wait for the big open park they are going to have with footy goals and a kickabout area!! Plus more kids playground equipment - should be good and will be very close to you as it is to us!!

Are you living close by at the moment? We need more people in Byford so that they hopefully give us more facilities and shops!!] [/quote]

Hi Mrs D, I'm now a Mrs D too having got married on new years day

Well the good news is we've been pegged. Woo Hoo

Our block is all pegged out ready for the sewerage people etc to do their thing. Yay!!!
We are stage 6 lot # 368 which will be on the other side of the park, I got a plan today from the building company Aspen showing the park and how they are going to lay it out, looks good.
It will be good to have an oval and they are also putting in swings et. Our house will be at the tail end of the park, we will be having a 9 metre crossover (supplied by Aspen). just looking at the map I wonder if they will change our address to Barraberry as that runs right past our house, hrm will wait and see.

We have no need for any schools near us as our kids are late teens early 20's and yes still living at home *groan lol* but it would be nice to have one and they are definately planning one for in the Scarp. Wouldn't be too far for you to walk either. Ah the latest news is My stepdaughters boyfriend has bought a block on Barraberry, he asked us if it was ok first, I said as long as we can't see each other from our front doors thats fine. Don't want em moving out of home then having them in our pocket lol. Will be good when they decide to have kids though, nice and handy for us to babysit which will be good.

Again sorry its been so long
Cya, Vicki

Sorry no we live in Gosnells at the moment.
Hi Vicki!!

That is great news that your house is being started!! I was out for my morning walk this morning and could see that some pads were being ready to be laid soon!! And they are really getting on with the next stage and park!! Will be great!!

You are lucky you don't have to worry about schools!! Well past that stage! Well the next primary school won't be in the Scarp it was announced on Thursday that the next PS is going in on Kardan Bvd up in Kalimna estate. I will have to decide whether to send my DD to Byford PS or see if I can get her into the new West Byford PS for year 1 (she is 4 at the moment). Decisions decisions!! lol!

That is great that Aspen is providing your cross over!! That's funny about your daughters boyfriend!! It is pretty close!!

Well shouldn't be too long to you will be moving in!! Hope the build process goes smoothly for you!!

I grew up in Gosnells!!

Might see you around one day up here!!

Hello! I just stumbled upon this forum. I have purchased in Stage 4D in Barraberry Way (Lot 337). I am interested in keeping up to date with what's happeining with other residents! I visited our lot last weekend and it all seems to be coming together nicely! Hopefully those titles will be in by end of June!
Hi thisisshane we are in stage 6, which was quiberon link, but now they have changed our street name to Barraberry we are lot 368 so we will be neighbours (well a few houses away lol) I looked at the plan, the block you have picked is a good one. Hey we will prob see ya up that way, we seem to go up there every sunday and have a look and take pics. Its finally taking shape.. Cheers
Just wondering how everybody is going with their blocks in the Byford On The Scarp? It looks like all the blocks over on Baraberry Way etc are finished - any word on when you guys will get your titles?

Which builders have you chosen??

Hope everything is going smoothly for you thus far!!
Hi well it is now Feb 2012 and we signed up for our block in Oct 2010. We finally have the titles as of December and it looks like they have just submitted our plans to council.. We did change blocks, we are now in the one next door lol.. We are building with Aveling and hopefully will be in by Xmas this year..
Hello. This is my 1st time here. I'm looking at buying 1 of the remaining blocks on Barraberry way. Ive noticed on aspens websites land map that there is land adjasent & is set aside for a light industrial area. By the looks of the map the area seems quite close. Does anyone know about this. I'd also like to know what everyone thinks of the area as I think it looks much better than other areas in Byford.
Related
29/01/2024
Building with Status Residential Perth, Yeah Nah?

Building A New House

What is your feedback of Status residential please ?

19/09/2023
Perth premium builders

Building A New House

You could try Marc homes (Giorgi) and Urbane

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum