Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Northbound's M$tric0n Grandview 36 - HANDOVER + POOL Pics

Page 1 of 10
After many many months reading and learning a lot from this forum, I am ready to start my own thread. Yippee

We are building the Grandview 36 with M$tric0n in the northern suburbs of Brisbane near Bribie Island. Our block is 1038 sqm so it is nice and big and flat. This is our second time building, and we learnt so much from our first build so we are much more prepared this time round.

We have made the following changes to the standard floorplan:

Enclosed the Living Room in with double doors and this will be our office
We added the Grand Outdoor Room
Made the kitchen island bench longer and wider
Made the garage larger - almost a triple garage with a 1m extension out the back with a roller door
We changed the configuration of the wall in the Family Room and added a hearth. Not because we are having a fireplace, just to make it a bit of a feature wall
Added cupboards to the back wall of the Butlers Pantry
Added a broom cupboard, underbench cavity for the washing machine and dryer, and overhead cupboards in the Laundry (very excited about this!
Removed sliding doors from the Rumpus and Bedroom 1 that open into the Outdoor Room. Instead, we have put in long narrow windows up high. I hate the idea of guests being able to see into my messy bedroom from the outdoor room. Also, the Rumpus will be our Home Theatre room, so we wanted to cut out some of the light from this room.

Here are our plans.

Plans have been approved and we are currently waiting on finance approval. Site start will be some time in May.

I look forward to sharing the highs and lows of our journey with you all.
Oooooh, looks very nice!!!

The Grandview 36 is my favorite house from M! They had a display at Warner Lakes I'm pretty sure
??? You've made some great changes to the plan as well!

All the best with your build!
Great floor plan
Congrats on starting a thread!!! Look forward to following your progress.
Very exciting =) Good luck with it all =)
YAY, another North Brissy build! I really like your plan and you've made some great mods for it. I too am super excited about overhead cupboards in my laundry, funny the things that excite us. I do wish I would have made a broom closet, so many things in retrospect...but like you said you learn with the first one (this is our first build, second home) and maybe next one we will get it just right. Look forward to watching your progress!
n&n02
Oooooh, looks very nice!!!

The Grandview 36 is my favorite house from M! They had a display at Warner Lakes I'm pretty sure
??? You've made some great changes to the plan as well!

All the best with your build!

Thanks. I don't know about tjhe display home at WL as we only moved to QLD 3 months ago. All of the displays are the Grandview 30 which don't have the Living Room or the Leisre Room, so we haven't actually seen these rooms before.
Rowena
Great floor plan
Congrats on starting a thread!!! Look forward to following your progress.

Thanks Rowena. We can't wait until something actually starts happening!

somewoman
Very exciting =) Good luck with it all =)

Thanks
mummamichelle
YAY, another North Brissy build! I really like your plan and you've made some great mods for it. I too am super excited about overhead cupboards in my laundry, funny the things that excite us. I do wish I would have made a broom closet, so many things in retrospect...but like you said you learn with the first one (this is our first build, second home) and maybe next one we will get it just right. Look forward to watching your progress!

Where abouts are you building Michelle?
Quote:
Where abouts are you building Michelle?

We are building in Kallangur.
Northbound, are you building in an estate? I think we might be building in the same area.
Hi Rebecca

We are building in Sandstone Lakes Estate in Ningi. Where are you building?
Still waiting on finance approval. Why oh why do banks have to be so slow!

Anyway, here is a picture of our beautiful block of land.

Hey northbound, we are building in Central Lakes Caboolture, just acorss the highway from you!
Hi Rebecca. I know Central Lakes as this is where the M disply homes are (in Schipper Court I seem to recall). Seems to be a really nice area with loads of new houses going up.
The M homes in the Central lakes display are beautiful, so are the ones at Northlakes. We are were so close to building the Grandview after going through the one at Northlakes, even got an initial quote done.

I am so excited to follow the progress of your build!
Nice big, flat block of land! Seems like that would be a great area to build...I want to be closer to the ocean but dh and I both drive to Bris for work so where we are living now is already pushing it commute wise.

Our display was also in Central Lakes, we were tossing up between the two story M house there and ended up going with PH, as they are nearly the same design. Our house is the smaller version tho so hoping we won't be dissapointed in the size difference. Both M and PH put out some beautiful display homes all decked out to the T!! If only we could afford to copy all the beautiful interiors and extras!!

I hope your bank pulls through soon so we can see some action on that dirt!!
Rebecca1983
The M homes in the Central lakes display are beautiful, so are the ones at Northlakes. We are were so close to building the Grandview after going through the one at Northlakes, even got an initial quote done.
I am so excited to follow the progress of your build!

Thanks Rebecca. I am excited that you will be followng my build

mummamichelle
Nice big, flat block of land! Seems like that would be a great area to build...I want to be closer to the ocean but dh and I both drive to Bris for work so where we are living now is already pushing it commute wise.

Our display was also in Central Lakes, we were tossing up between the two story M house there and ended up going with PH, as they are nearly the same design. Our house is the smaller version tho so hoping we won't be dissapointed in the size difference. Both M and PH put out some beautiful display homes all decked out to the T!! If only we could afford to copy all the beautiful interiors and extras!!

I hope your bank pulls through soon so we can see some action on that dirt!!

Hi Michelle. Yes it is a nice block of land. We are so happy that this time around we have a flat block that will not require any expensive retaining walls
. I agree about the beautiful interiors of the display home. Great to look at but not so great for my young kids!!

Well, we have some exciting news. Our finance has been approved, and we have a site start date - 24th May WOOHOO
Northbound
Well, we have some exciting news. Our finance has been approved, and we have a site start date - 24th May WOOHOO

Congrats on your start date - how exciting!!
...and love your land as well - looks like a beautiful place to live
Sooo exciting - today marks Day 1 of our much anticipated journey. Our block was scraped today, and our lovely SS remarked how great our dirt looked
. I took the camera with me, but of course the battery was flat
but I will post some pics tomorrow. The slab is due to be poured in a week's time, so it is all systems GO GO GO!!!
Wooohooo - congrats on the site start NB.

Looking forward to seeing the pics

Related
12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

10/05/2024
Final Invoice and Key Handover

Building A New House

Hi Need to read your contract about when final payment is received. Clearly outlines what happens. In vic, known defects or incomplete work must be completed before…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum