Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

The Albany 330E ..... HANDOVER ..... 500+ PHOTOS & Counting

Page 1 of 15

So our story start like this :

We decide the house we were in was getting too small and cramped and now wanted to build our first home, and within not even 2 weeks we had brought the block of land and found the dream house we wanted. That was mid last year now.

So, our builder is CASA Design & Construction, http://www.casadc.com.au and they are our builder assigned by National Builders Group, as the house we have chosen is a National Builders Group design. The Albany 330E, on display at Tarneit, was our pick of our Dream house. We liked the idea of National Builders Group, as they allow you to change the design of as many items on the house as you wish and they have a great selection of standard inclusions.

We took the original plans home and played around with them for about a week till we got the design perfect.
a bit over 160 additions and changes to the standard house in total on the wish list, and we then paid the $1000 deposit on the 14th of August 09

We did our wishlist with Andres from the Deer Park Display home and he was magnificent.

On the 4th of September 09 we then had our Quotation Estimation Presentation with Ron in Head office StKilda, and he was also great to deal with.
He explained all our items on our wish list in detail, the costings of each item, and the total figure payable for the construction of our dream home. It just scraped into our budjet. With a few extra changes on the night of the presentation, the house looked like it was how we wanted it.

We also are first home buyers and got the grant.

All thanks to a few employee's of National Builders Groups for their help, Andres, Jason, Ron, Lauren, Danielle and Carmel just no name a few, and probabaly many other behind the scene's. We made a heap of changes from the standard design to get our dream home on paper, and could not have done it without their help.

Well, this is what we have ended up with.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/rompn8/HOUSE/100_5854.jpg

COLOUR SELECTIONS

EXTERNAL SELECTIONS :
BRICKS - Boral Mocha
MORTAR - Raked / Off White
RENDER - Wattyl Solaguard, Colour Merino
ROOF - CSR Monier Horizon Flat Tiles – Colour Sambuca
GUTTERING - Colorbond Monument
FASCIA - Colorbond Paperbark (same as Merino)
DOWNPIPES - Colorbond Paperbark (same as Merino)
WINDOWS - A&L Awning - Colour Merino
FRONT DOOR - Humes Savoy XS24, Stained to match garage doors colour
FRONT GARAGE DOOR - B&D Panelmasta Timber Look, Color Caboa
REAR GARAGE DOOR - B&D Rollmasta, Color Paperbark

Roof Tiles, Bricks, Window Color, Gutter and Fascia, Garage Door Colour

External Color Selections

Roof Tiles

All Windows throughout House - A&L Double Glazed - Colour Merino

Front Door

Alarm System

House when finished

INTERNAL SELECTIONS :
PAINT
WALLS - Wattyl 3 Coat ID system, Colour Asain Ivory
SKIRTING & ARCHITRAVES - Full Gloss Builders White
INTERNAL DOORS & ROBES - Full Gloss Builders White
CEILINGS & CORNICE - Standard Builders White

Dulux Asian Ivory - Internal Wall Color

90mm CSR Tempo Cornice

75mm Cove Cornice

KITCHEN
BENCHTOPS - Granite Quantum Quartz Ice
ISLAND BENCH WATERFALL - Granite Quantum Quartz Ice
LOWER CABINETRY - Panelart Shadow
OVERHEAD CABINETRY - Panelart Pearl Bisque LS
KICKPANEL - Luxor
GLASS SPASHBACK - Clear Glass – Dulex Beige Royal
FLOOR TILES - Lithic Noce 450x450

Benchtops and Waterfalls, Lower Cupboards, Upper Cupboards, Splashbacks

Floor Tiles 450mm x 450mm

Undermounted Kitchen Sink

900mm Blanco Rangehood

Main Oven in Kitchen - Blanco 900mm

Blanco Dishwasher

Kitchen Ducted Vacuum Pan - Love This

90mm CSR Tempo Cornice

ANTE / WALK IN PANTRY
BENCHTOPS - Pearl Bisque
LOWER CABINETRY - Panelart Shadow
OVERHEAD CABINETRY - Panelart Pearl Bisque LS
KICKPANEL - Luxor
TILED SPASHBACK - Gloss White 100x300
FLOOR TILES - Lithic Noce 450x450

Cooktop in Ante

Cooktop Wall Tiles in Ante only

BATHROOM
BENCHTOPS – Granite Quantum Quartz Ice
SHADOWLINE - Aluminium
CABINETRY – Panelart Chocolatte
FLOOR TILES – Lithic Noce 450x450
WALL TILES TO 1500mm – Lithic Noce 450x450
FEATURE TILE – Lithic Noce Scored 300x300

Bath Tub

Bath Tub Wall Mounted Mixer

Countertop Basins x 2

Double Towel Rail

Floor and Wall (wall to 1500mm high) Tiles 450mm x 450mm

Showerhead (not our tiles though)

ENSUITE
SHADOWLINE - Aluminium
FLOOR TILES – Studio Brown 600x300
WALL TILES (Floor to Roof and through Shower) – Studio Brown 600x300
FEATURE TILE – Mosaic Glased Manito Satin Stone

Spa with heater in Ensuite

Bath Tub Wall Mounted Mixer

Shower Heads x 2 in Ensuite (not our tiles though)

Countertop Basins x 2

Double Towel Rail

Wall and Floor Tiles - 600mm x 300mm - Studio Brown (Tiled to the Roof in entire ensuite)

Shower Tiles - Same but with Feature tile

Ensutie Toilet

Toilet Roll Holder

LAUNDRY
LOWER CABINETRY – Panelart Chocolatte
OVERHEAD CABINETRY – Panelart Pearl Bisque LS
KICKPANEL – Luxor
TILED SPASHBACK – White Tiles

Deep Laundry Sink - Inset into Stone Benchtop (simular to this but stone bench)

Feature tile Across benchtop (Only the White Scored Tiles, forgot to take a seperate photo)

W/C
SHADOWLINE - Aluminium

Main Toilet

Toilet Roll Holder

CARPETS
ALL BEDROOMS, HALLWAY & FAMILY ROOM – Mocha Colour (D3042)
HOME THEATRE ROOM – Light Mocha Colour (D3019)

Carpets we choose

Home Theater

Bedrooms, Loungeroom and Hallway

Other Misc Items:
Ducted Vacuum System

Accessories

Kitchen Vac Pan

Gyprock Level 2 Sound Proof Walls for entire of Mainbedroom, WIR and Ensuite. (Peace while i Sleep)

Upgraded to the Aluminium Mesh Flyscreens

Double Doors to Home Theater (but will be FULL GLOSS WHITE in Colour)

Doors - 1 x Entry to Kitchen and also 1 x Kitchen into Ante (again will be FULL GLOSS WHITE in Colour for border, frosted glass)

Bonaire Heater - with Remote Controller for Zoned Heating and Cooling

Thanks for looking and being apart of my build.
PROGRESS TIMELINE :

Fri Apr 09, 2010 : SIGNED WITH BUILDER

Wed Apr 21, 2010 : Site start meeting

Mon Apr 26, 2010 : Building permit application submitted

Mon May 10, 2010 : Building permit application approval

Wed May 12, 2010 : SITE SCRAP

Mon May 17, 2010 : Power cables ran to switchboard

Fri May 21, 2010 : Water supplied to slab area, storm and sewer drainage ran finished

Mon May 24, 2010 : Boxing up the Slab (2days)

Thurs May 27, 2010 : Pouring of our Slab!!!

Tues Jun 01, 2010 : Site Meeting and Framers Chalking out.

Wed Jun 09, 2010 : Timber for frame delivered (Slab got to settle for 2 weeks
)

Fri Jun 11, 2010 : Chippies started Frame

Wed Jun 16, 2010 : Trusses delivered and are started

Tues Jun 22, 2010 : Bricks arrived and Garage Brickwall has started

WHOOPS

FORGOT ALL ABOUT THIS BIT OF MY THREAD ...

Weds Oct 20, 2010 : Tiler Started

Sat Oct 23, 2010 : Brick Cleaner Onsite
Had our first meeting with our builder 'Casa Design & Construction' yesterday, the 'Site Start Meeting'

There website is www.casadc.com.au

Two brothers, John and Andrew, nice guys and i can honestly say i think we have got ourselfs a good builder. but i guess the proof will be in the product, as the saying goes.

They have applied for the Builders Insurance, and applying for Building Permits this week from what they have said.

Angela (my wife) and myself cant wait.

Also, got a letter today in the mail 'Notice to fence' from our next door neighbour, they have just finished there build and i guess want a fence up now. So i better see if the price the are asking me to pay is in fair price. That will be done tomorrow. I dont want to upset my neighbours i have not even met.
Ill get it sorted and paid for for them i guess.
how exciting for you both!!!

just one quick question...love the plan, looks HUGE! but the hob.. do you have to shut the door to be able to cook?
( in that little room)
It seems the door would have to be closed all the time when making dinner, breakfast (pancakes, frying eggs etc) or even just heating some baked beans up in a pot if you dont want to use the mircowave.
If anything is happening in the kitchen/ meals area or alfresco..well you wont be a part of it.

Is it meant to be that way....maybe it is , ha ha! locked out of sight...

maybe it is a second hob, cos I see there is something on the back wall. If it is a second hob, you probably wont be using it much if it is a hassle with the door and I would move it to another wall in the pantry etc or flip the door around to open the other way...

otherwise it looks a great plan.
kiwi
how exciting for you both!!!

just one quick question...love the plan, looks HUGE! but the hob.. do you have to shut the door to be able to cook?
( in that little room)
It seems the door would have to be closed all the time when making dinner, breakfast (pancakes, frying eggs etc) or even just heating some baked beans up in a pot if you dont want to use the mircowave.
If anything is happening in the kitchen/ meals area or alfresco..well you wont be a part of it.

Is it meant to be that way....maybe it is , ha ha! locked out of sight...

maybe it is a second hob, cos I see there is something on the back wall. If it is a second hob, you probably wont be using it much if it is a hassle with the door and I would move it to another wall in the pantry etc or flip the door around to open the other way...

otherwise it looks a great plan.

Yeah ... we thought about all that, we have actually left the door 'as displayed'. We were gong to turn it into a slide in cavity door, but the wife did not want toddlers to be able to access in there.

We liked the idea of when you open the door, guest dont even see the cooktop in the pantry there.

The builder said the idea of it in the pantry is so you can cook certain foods and not have the smell go through the whole house.

And it is actually the second cooktop (the spare) anyway really ... We have the main 900mm wide Freestanding Cooker in the main kitchen (kitchen 1 on the 'internal fitouts' pic above) which we will be using when we have guests over too.

Thanks for the feedback too...
wow, I am coming to your house for dinner...
if you have extra hobs..I bet that means LOADS of food!

If it is a spare...then leave as is. A 900 one will be the 'looker' anyway...who wants to see a 600 one when you are eating..yuk!
ha ha
nic
Gee that alfresco positioning is perfect! The lobby to Bed 1 is a great idea too.
glad things are finally moving after so much stalling. you'll be beside yourselves when the slab goes down!
kiwi
wow, I am coming to your house for dinner...
if you have extra hobs..I bet that means LOADS of food!

If it is a spare...then leave as is. A 900 one will be the 'looker' anyway...who wants to see a 600 one when you are eating..yuk!
ha ha
nic

That is my wife for you, she loves the kitchen, My kitchen (big BBQ) will be built in the Alfresco Area once i move in.

boiselfish
Gee that alfresco positioning is perfect! The lobby to Bed 1 is a great idea too.

Might Put a Buffet table (i think they are called) in the lobby there. We actually flipped the garage and home theatre, as the lobby used to have a door opposite the main bedroom door into the garage. I think i like it now with the coat room access from the garage though, we can actually put our shoes and jackets in there after driving into the garage.

Rowena
glad things are finally moving after so much stalling. you'll be beside yourselves when the slab goes down!

Thanks Rowena, good to see you still following my new thread, thanks for your support.
you should put your plan on the 'show me your plan' thread
lots would love to see it I am sure..it is very nice
nic
Very lovely plan, the alfresco/courtyard will be a huge focus...lovely for entertaining. And a girl always loves a big WIR!!
I got a call off my Builder a few days ago ... He told me that site start was going to be on Wednesday, 12th of May, 2010. (today)

The excavator was due out today to cut the site back. I actually finished work at 6am this morning and headed straight out to my block this morning to make sure there was nothing on the site in the way.

After moving a few things, i left the block at about 7:30am this morning.

I dropped back past at 3:00pm this afternoon and this is what i found

I was so happy to see a start.

Loving my builders ... John and Andrew ... Thank you so much
Nice floor plan guys, and great sized block
Any updates?
I have been to my block over the past few days over the weekend just to see what has progressed.

We have now had all our stormwater and sewer pipes ran underground and all sticking up ready for a slab.
Also had the power cables ran for the switchboard and the water supply has been ran into the slab from the water meter now.

This all happened late in the week.

I turned up late Friday Night to find our pollywaffles and steel mesh have been delivered as well.

Some more pics :

Midweek after work - After 1st day of digging out the drainage
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/rompn8/1st%20House/01%20Site%20Start/IMG_7335.jpg

Early morning the next day
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/rompn8/1st%20House/01%20Site%20Start/IMG_7316.jpg

My builder with the drainage contractors.
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/rompn8/1st%20House/01%20Site%20Start/IMG_7331.jpg

Tapping the sewer pipes into the Sewer Easement
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/rompn8/1st%20House/01%20Site%20Start/IMG_7324.jpg

Went back late Friday night to have a look ...
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/rompn8/1st%20House/01%20Site%20Start/IMG_7341.jpg

Back again 7am Sunday morning for another look after working nightshift ...
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/rompn8/1st%20House/01%20Site%20Start/IMG_7426.jpg

POLLYWAFFLES DELIVERED

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/rompn8/1st%20House/01%20Site%20Start/IMG_7419.jpg

We will actually have a slab soon ... Happy as can be at the moment
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/rompn8/1st%20House/01%20Site%20Start/IMG_7424.jpg

Shot from the back corner of my backyard
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/rompn8/1st%20House/01%20Site%20Start/IMG_7422.jpg

Power cables for Switchboard
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/rompn8/1st%20House/01%20Site%20Start/IMG_7430.jpg

Steel Mesh - Ready for setup up early this week coming
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc215/rompn8/1st%20House/01%20Site%20Start/IMG_7425.jpg

All has come along great so far ...

Spoke to the builder on Saturday as I was a bit concerned with what looked like a storm water pipe sticking up inside our Alfresco area. I really didnt want this there as we plan on using the walls that it would be attached to and it also spoils the look of the Entertaining area if there is a downpipe anywhere in there. He did not seem to have an issue with moving it to the outside of the wall. He just had to ensure it would still drain the water from the roof as needed.

BRING ON THE SLAB ...
Looking Good guys-we are also building with NBG-but it Regional Victoria. The Albany is a lovely display home. Do you have a list of your colour selections? All the best

edited to fix typos
Deemaree
Looking Good guys-we are also building with NBG-but it Regiional Victori. The Albany is a lovely display home. Do you have a list of your colour selections? All the best

Thanks for asking Deemaree, I nearly forgot that.

Ive just added/edited it all to the bottom of my first post. Ill organise some pics of all the colours, and might even add in the optional extra's we chose.
Keep an eye out for update to the first post
Will do.
How exciting! We are also building with NBG and can't wait to get the plans and start it all.
Keep the pics coming, they are great
Related
28/12/2023
$13,500 staircase and we get grade E timber.

Building A New House

Staircases and sausages. Should thou wish to keep thy palate sweet for sausages, avert thine eyes from their crafting.

12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum