Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Westminster Duplex in Claremont Meadows NSW **Updated PICS**

Page 1 of 1
Hi All!

Been on this forum for a couple of months now, and decided to post about our build.

We recently paid a deposit for our Duplex from Westminster Homes. According to them it is set to finish September / October. At this stage, the slab has been poured and frames should be going up within this week.. So it may even finish earlier than expected

When I get home from work today I'll post a couple of progressive shots.

Excited

Alfy.
Hi Alfy,

Great to hear your house is underway.
I know a few people building with Westminster so I look forward to seeing how things come along.

We are at similar stage to you (floor is being built as we speak). Very exciting. Eveything seems to be happening really quickly now.

Mick
Hi Alfie,
where abouts in Claremont Meadows are you. We're building a single story with Wisdom Homes in The Claremont Parklands area. Drove there this week and they have finally cut site as our FHOG deadline of 6 months will be finished on March 27th.
Do you have a blog yet? ours is douchfamilyhome.blogspot.com is your interested to have a look.

Murray
Hi Murray,

We're building in the Acacia Grove estate, the medium / high density area where the duplexes are.

I may take a drive through there today just to see if the frames are up, as they were supposed to be going up as of March 22nd, but you know builders..

I don't have a blog yet, not exactly sure how to go about creating one, might do a bit of research on developing one.

Definitely will be looking at yours.

Cheers,

Alfy.
Update:

pics of progression.. about time! We thought Westminster forgot about our duplex...

front:

entry way:

looking through the entry:

sound proof barrier between the two dwellings:

laundry:

downstairs powder room:

kitchen (with pipes in the centre for the island sink + bench):

rear:

These were taken about two weeks ago..

Just recently went past to see the 2nd storey done

couldn't get on the site, as the SS wasn't there, so we'll just have to make do with the crappy distance shots..

stay tuned for more
Hi Alfy,

Great to see another building with W. Will be watching your thread with lots of interest.

Cheers
Bel
It's been a while since I updated this page.

A lot has been done since the last post

Second Storey done, we were able to get a nice inside shot:

Colour of our bricks:

our temporary staircase HAHAHA!

hoooray for bricks!

Gutters on, ready for sarking then colorbond roof!

Last I heard, this week the roof will be installed with insulation etc.

Cheers,

Alfy.
Looking good Alfy - thanks for the update
Hey Alfy,

I found you
Now I can follow your progress pics.

Min
wow lived in claremonts meadows many years ago now and worked at the real estate office there property plus still have friends in claremont meadows
Hey Mel!

I'm following your progression too!

Fingers crossed our place is done by end of August / early September..

Haven't stalked the house since Saturday hahaha..

andy_min
Hey Alfy,

I found you
Now I can follow your progress pics.

Min
yvette72
wow lived in claremonts meadows many years ago now and worked at the real estate office there property plus still have friends in claremont meadows

What area do you live in now yvette?

Claremont Meadows has developed so much according to my fiancee, she lives close by and she said it has changed so much..
Related
6/12/2023
Anyone got owner builder permit to build a duplex in NSW ?

Owner Builder Forum

If so what were the "special circumstances" under which it was granted? "Note: If the development consent is for 'dual occupancy' an owner-builder permit can only be…

12/02/2024
Can my land in Bexley NSW be built a duplex ?

General Discussion

Just to clarify, I'm not a builder I've read my own council's LEP numerous times and worked with an architect to understand my own lot size and problems.

11/09/2023
Building a Duplex on Sloping Block in a flood planning area

Building A New House

Give Jonathan a call. Tell him you know me. He is in my opinion the best surveyor I have ever worked with. His number is 0425 285 622 All the best Simeon

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum