Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

First Home Build - Some Pics

Page 1 of 8
Hey everyone.

Stumbled across this website when searching through Google as to when our titles might be issued, saw a few of my new ‘neighbors’ on here so thought I’d say hi.

The fiancé and I are building a modified version of the Evolution by Aveling Homes in Aubin Grove (Aubin Gardens – Stage 9).

We bought the land back in October 2009 and we thought it would be a quick and easy process. Builder said you will be in your home 12 months from today – we just laughed naively, thinking 6 – 9 months is more realistic. Well here we are 5 months down the track and still waiting on the Titles. I am told Land Titles should be issued by end March.

Anyway building process has been fun so far and to date Aveling have been a pleasure to deal with.

I am told by the builder that once Titles have been issued they need to apply for a building license which takes 6-8 weeks and building time is approx 5-6 months.

As I see it a rough timeframe should be along these lines.
Titles: 31 March 2010
Building Start: 26 May 2010
House Complete: 26 November 2010
Hey Toohey,

Im in the same situation and location as you and thought i'd come say hi.

I signed the plans in December after a few months of changes, signed the final plans last week and im now in schedualling. Builders are saying that the house will be done decemeber at the latest, hopefully before chrissy.

Ive been speaking to the developers, landgte, the shire, settlement agents, surveyors and the builders to hurry them all up so the titles are issued already.

If you dont mind me asking, what block are you? Im 378 Descanso Loop. Do you have colour selections and/or images?
Hello Neighbour!

Just wanted to drop in and say hello and good luck on you build.

Had a look at the evolution and it looks good, post up you modded version so we can see, we love pics

your design is in many ways similar to mine, love your big alfresco and massive bedroom.

Im building in stage 10 in aubin gardens, still another 3 months till my titles pass though.

Good luck with everything.
shonzilla
Hey Toohey,

Im in the same situation and location as you and thought i'd come say hi.

I signed the plans in December after a few months of changes, signed the final plans last week and im now in schedualling. Builders are saying that the house will be done decemeber at the latest, hopefully before chrissy.

Ive been speaking to the developers, landgte, the shire, settlement agents, surveyors and the builders to hurry them all up so the titles are issued already.

If you dont mind me asking, what block are you? Im 378 Descanso Loop. Do you have colour selections and/or images?

Hi Shonzilla

Are you in Stage 9 as well? We are building in adromeda link, block 361 (from memory) and we do not have titles yet. I might give the land developer and the settlement agent another call today to see where things are at.

We have done Pre-Start so all colour selections for the Kitchen, Bathrooms, Render, driveway, roof, garage etc... are done. Will have to double check what they are though. All your colours decided on?

Congrats on the progress you are making, should have your block down in no time.
wrexter
Hello Neighbour!

Had a look at the evolution and it looks good, post up you modded version so we can see, we love pics

your design is in many ways similar to mine, love your big alfresco and massive bedroom.

Im building in stage 10 in aubin gardens, still another 3 months till my titles pass though.

Hey Neighbour

Thanks for the wishes, below is a link to the amended floorplan, been a while since we worked on it so not sure what the exact changes were - minor things if i remember correct. The large master and WIR was what the other half wanted. I was more interested with the alfresco and AV rooms.

http://www.globalagencies.com.au/layouts/John/floorplan.jpg

Have you decided on who you are building with and what floorplan you are going with?
Hey Toohey,

Nice Location. I guess you can see the park from the end of your block?
Lovely plan by the way - its such a huge house!

Yep all my colours are sorted now (except the pain/render and the garden - which is to be done after handover
and soakwells
)

In short, my house is All White and hints of silver. Paint will provide the colours.
Colours and ideas are on my thread or blog.
I think we can 'just' see the park.

Had a look over your blog, some nice pre-start ideas there, i would never have thought of mirrors on the wardrobes, a nice touch.

We were surprised at just how much Pre-Start comes to, and the amount of items you 'imagine' will be included but are in fact extras.
Toohey
wrexter
Hello Neighbour!

Hey Neighbour

Thanks for the wishes, below is a link to the amended floorplan, been a while since we worked on it so not sure what the exact changes were - minor things if i remember correct. The large master and WIR was what the other half wanted. I was more interested with the alfresco and AV rooms.

http://www.globalagencies.com.au/layouts/John/floorplan.jpg

Have you decided on who you are building with and what floorplan you are going with?

Looking good mate, have a look at my thread for the plans.

i too am big on the home theatre

the mrs gets the big WIR and kitchen and laundry
jjks.
Feeling a bit crap today.

When we signed up late last year with the builder there was a Kitchen and Bathroom upgrade package that we took. You know, ceramic this, chrome that etc...

Heard an Ad on the radio the other day and this month for the same price you get the Kitchen and Bathroom upgrade, Laundry, second toilet tiled as well as laundry (benchtop, bigger sink and cupboards) - gggrrr.
Toohey - I went through the same thing with Aveling - I'm paying over 4k for what they're offering for $990 now (with more inclusions)..

They're good like that
Well some good news. The Titles for the land were issued on Friday, settlement here we come
Exciting isnt it!

How long till settlement for you?
Very actually

Settlement will take a few weeks i think. Its fine cause the builder needs to submit for building permission now and am told that can take 6-8 weeks.

Any idea when your settlement will be done?

At least things can start moving now

Same as you I think.

All the client services at my broker are on holidays...but spose thats okay because the house wont be built untill the plans are completed. No point starting payments just on the land really.

Ive been told to bug the council about the plans too...that way they get done faster!
And its about time that the ball starts rolling - its been nearly 5 months since this started for me!
Yea same, 5 months since we first met the finance broker - feels so long ago now.

I cant seem to find your house thread - mind giving me the link?
I know everyone says it but it will be over before we know it!

http://forum.homeone.com.au/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=28832

Didnt realise it wasnt in my signature - updated that too.
Toohey
Its fine cause the builder needs to submit for building permission now and am told that can take 6-8 weeks.

Good luck! I hope that part of it goes smoother for you guys than it did for us.

We're building down on the corner of Camden and Adromeda - our building approval from shire took 5 months. The only advice I can give is that you need to ride both Cockburn and your builder *hard* - we found that it was only when we pushed them both daily that things actually started to happen.

Hope this helps
Apparently It take 3 weeks for them to get it loaded onto the system!
Wouldn't surprise me!

Remember that you can track the application online without having to hassle the builder or the shire, if you just want to see what's happening.

http://masterview.cockburn.wa.gov.au/ma ... fault.aspx
I tried but the actual street is not loaded on the system yet Jas....I dont mind bugging them if it gets it up faster, then everyone else can look online too.

Just glad there is progress tho

Toohey - do you know if the developer has approved your house plans yet?
Related
21/05/2024
First time build: Custom narrow riverside home in WA

Building A New House

Congrats. Will be watching this progress and interested to see how you go with summit.

12/02/2024
Suggestions whether to build my granny flat first or house?

Building A New House

hi guys. Please be nice. First time home builder in Qld. I would like some feedback please on whether I should build my granny flat first before my main house at the…

29/05/2024
Building First home

Building A New House

Hi All, I just signed my tender with First style homes and this is our first home. I am going for colour selection soon. Please provide me your experience with these,…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum