Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Demolition Cost

Page 1 of 1
Hi

Can you pleaes let me know how much does it roughly cost for 3 bedroom brick venear house with double garage to be demolished in eastern suburbs.

Thanks
Eastern suburbs of what city?

From what I gather, demolitions cost somewhere between $8,000 to $12,000 regardless of size.
My demo 18 months ago cost me $10,500.

This was in Melbourne's east, and consisted of:

* single storey brick veneer, concrete stumps, deep footings and carport
* asbestos removal from the eaves sheeting
* concrete driveway (approx 12 metres long)
* concrete slabs for 2 outside sheds
* 6 large mature trees
* a picket fence and gates
* exterior paving.

They salvaged the kitchen (God only knows why!), the front and back doors, the roof tiles and the picket fence.

No names, but I probably wouldn't recommend them anyway! I've seen demo jobs take about 5 days, not 3 weeks as mine did...
Hi,
Our house demolished in W'Gong $10K and we had lots of asbestos!
Our quotes have been all around the $15K mark for a 3 bed brick and fibro with 2 sheds, shed slab, small vegetation and site rake/clean to around 500mm deep.

It would be $2-3K cheaper if it wasn't for our wonderful state govt putting up their tipping levy by 300% on Jan 1st....
we are paying $13,000 in Melb's inner north/east. This is to remove a double garage (brick) attached 4 room granny flat, indoor/inground swimming pool (plus filling and compacting the hole), footings, some retaining walls, asbestos, concrete paths and some trees/shrubs.

We had a lot of trouble getting quotes (out of 12 only got 4) and they ranged from $13,000 to $21,000 - ours isn't a simple/standard demolition though due to the pool.
Thanks for your response.

Ours is in Mount Waverley.
We are going to demolish our house in Mount Waverley.

Can you please also let me know the name of your demolisher and whether you recommend them or not.

Thanks
Hi Yellow, we have just built with M in the same area as you. I had 5 quotes for demolition and the cheapest and best were Pearcedale plant hire. Think we paid about $13K but we had a pretty big house, two sheds and lots of asbestos. I can highly recommend this company-nothing was too much trouble. They even came back a couple of months later when some old footings were dug up for the new house and didn't charge us anything extra. Hope this helps
9 room brick veneer, inner east Melbourne, brick garage, single level with metal sheet roof - $13,500
They found some green asbestos piping (all broken up, not sure what it was used for in the past), as they broke up driveway.
Cost me another $1k to remove

Related
20/08/2023
Builder suspended works, demanding variations, cost increase

Building A New House

Fair Trading can issue orders to rectify and complete but once the matter goes to NCAT these orders are automatically vacated. You will have to terminate contract and sue…

4/08/2023
Excavation Cost Surprise

Building A New House

No one can give you a meaningful answer without looking at your building contract, what happened on site and who designed your house You should get experienced building…

2/09/2023
Builder suspended construction, demanding cost increase

Building A New House

How are you doing Ben? Extremely interested in hearing what you are doing or plan to do!

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum