Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

rectified tiles cost of laying

Page 1 of 1
hi we were shopping for tiles over weekend and everything we liked was rectified.
We know it will cost extra to lay but does anyone know how much extra builders charge?
I have the same question as well. Amber guy told us laying cost vary from $20 to $100 per sqm. Very big range.
Is rectified a square edged tile (e.g. like porcelin tiles).

If so, it costs a bomb I'm afraid. Our builder has quoted us an extra $20 per sqm for the laying of porcelin throughout.

Fine if you have a small area, but we have 200sqm of tiles to be laid so the extra laying costs were too significant for us. We have since changed to ceramics.

We were going to have the main floor area tiled after handover but I don't want to risk anything happening to our house/extra delays being incurred and would prefer if the builder's tiler did all tiling and at handover we have the house completley finished.
rectified is nicer IMO.. all our tiles are rectified. Ask your supplier for recommendations on a good tiler. The straight flat lines make the rooms look larger.
We found rectified tiles that we like, but they were out of the builders standard range, so it was an extra $20 per sqm for the tile (builders range is up to about $40, these ones were $60) and the builder advised us it's an extra $50 per sqm to lay them (on top of the $30 - $40 per sqm that we are already paying for the standard tiles). For standard tiles for the 84 sqm that we need, we were quoted a total of $7200, for rectified it was nearly $12,500.

That adds up mighty quick.

Good luck.

Nic.
thanks guys this helps we only want to do a feature wall in bathroom so hopefully not too much extra well i hope have made other selections just in case.
Related
21/02/2024
Oil under boards before laying

General Discussion

I'm about to put down some Merbau. Is it necessary to oil underneath the boards before laying?

1/03/2024
Waterproofing slab before laying floor buttons....

General Discussion

Hey There. No problems re jumping in. My original question was "should I have waterproofed" the concrete slab before putting batons down. We have been told we should…

31/05/2024
Structafloor/subfloor laying question 3600x800 sheets.

General Discussion

As above, you will need to trim your sheet to land on the joist, also make sure you are running your length at right angles to the joists

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum