Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Reasonable $ per meter for fencing

Page 1 of 1
**Sorry if this has been asked before - I used the search but came up with nothing**

We need a normal timber fence that is 1.93m high.

What would you say is a reasonable amount per meter?

We just got a quote for $90 a meter and I was shocked!! I honestly expected like half this or am I totally wrong?

This is the fence type we need...

Where are you located? we paid $55 p/m incl GST for something similar.
We got ours done for $53pm. Another quote came in at $56 so $90 does seem high.

1.8m high. Looks similar although we needed it to be capped..

Not sure where you live, I can PM you the fencer if you like. Did a really good job. S.E. Meb.
As previous posters said, you should be paying no more than $55 per metre for an 1800 high fence with capping.
Hi Kateypink

Our quote came in at $58 per metre for 6'4" exposed post and capping which I believe are our estate covenant. Who did you get your quote from? Our fence starts tomorrow!!!
we are in taylors hill melbourne. The $90 quote was for 1.8m fence no capping but we want and can have 1.93m. Do the quotes youve all been saying cover everything from bringing the wood and installing? Thanks
Yup. Materials and Labour.
South Morang; two sections, one around $57 / metre, the other around $59 / metre, all material included. We were charged an extra fee toward the hire of a rock breaker by the second, but compared to the charges I've seen per hole for rock removal, we came off easily. I can't remember exactly, but the overall cost increased by around a couple of dollars a meter.
Sierra
We got ours done for $53pm. Another quote came in at $56 so $90 does seem high.

1.8m high. Looks similar although we needed it to be capped..

Not sure where you live, I can PM you the fencer if you like. Did a really good job. S.E. Meb.

Hi Sierra,
Tried to pm you to get this fencing contact but there is an issue in the composer; hence this reply to the post.
Can you send me the contact via PM or publishing here if you don't mind. Thanks in adavance.

Overwhelmed and Hels> Would like to know contact details of your fencer too

HAve a good Valentine day all of you!

Champ
http://home-nottingham.blogspot.com/
On the subject of fencing ,does the fencer contact the 3 neigbours (3 sides ),through the local council and organise their share of the cost or is it my responsibilty?
andy
On the subject of fencing ,does the fencer contact the 3 neigbours (3 sides ),through the local council and organise their share of the cost or is it my responsibilty?

I believe you need to source the neighbours contact details from the council and some companies will then contact the neighbours if you provide the details and some wont
andy

If your in a new estate and have access to a customer service person they should also be able to give you your neighbours details.

champ_123
Can you send me the contact via PM or publishing here if you don't mind. Thanks in adavance.

Done.
We are also in Taylors Hill. Ours was done last year at $40.50 plus $9.50 for the capping per metre excluding GST.
We are building in the South Eastern suburbs, if someone could pm me some details for a good fencer that would be fantastic.

Related
29/11/2023
Extension cost - $3500/m2 reasonable?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Seems good to me. I've been told $4-5k/sqm is reasonable in Perth.

25/02/2024
Staged payment request BUT work not done as per contract

Building A New House

1) I had requested R6 ceiling insualtion batts, however I noticed that on some areas there are huge gaps which will allow hot air to sweep in, and also noticed black/grey…

21/02/2024
Meter box placed in Facade

Building A New House

Excellent contribution.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum