Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

New Generation (build times)

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, just checking if any of you have builte with New Gen (or Summit). We have just received our shire approval and wondering what the peoples experiences with their build times have been? Have you found them good to build with?

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
We've built with New Generation twice in 5 years (once for us, once for investment).

First time, signed pre-plans in February 2005, got keys January 2006.

Second time, signed pre-plans in January, got keys week before Christmas 2009.

Generally takes 4-5 months to draw up plans, get contracts and get to site. Once at site, should be done within 6 months.
We are building with New Gen too (twice with Summit now). We signed in September and we're having pre-start next week. We have to re-submit to council though as we decided to move a load bearing wall, so once all that comes through it's off to construction. I've heard that it can be done in about 5 months from slab down if you're lucky which is excellent.

So far so good. They have been great and wouldn't hesitate in the slightest to build with them again!
My cousin just finished building with Summit. She said that compared to the first home they'd built (can't remember the builder), this one was a dream, and there was only a couple of little things at the end which were fixed pretty quick.

They've moved in now and are really happy with the house.
Thanks for your replies! We signed the PPA mid September, had pre start early December and it has just been Shire approved on January 12th. I can not fault them so far, our client administrator has been excellent.

Keep the feedback coming if anyone has more. I must start up my own building thread soon.
Hey Ziggy

Good to see nice comments/feedback about the place I work at
We are building a New Gen house, slab down start of Sep.. about 4 weeks til handover - so about 5 months if Christmas break wasn't there. Whole process takes about a yr in most cases I would say. If you got lucky with the bank and shire it could knock a month off I reckon.

Any questions, just ask
Related
13/02/2024
DA vs CDC (Approval Times) in Ku-ring-gai Council?

Building A New House

Hi Minho I have heaps of experience in Ku-ring-gai with both DAs and CDC ( this is the main area we build in). DA's are taking 12-18months and CDC's we have been doing…

21/02/2024
Fixed Price build Contract Vs Project management build

Building A New House

Thank you so much everyone. This all makes a lot of sense. I guess when you talk to a builder who butters up everything to look very polished, you get to start believing…

20/07/2023
Building Site Access - Victoria - New Build

General Discussion

For reference, this is the Austlii reference. My take on this is, that they would be breaking the law denying access to a homeowner in Victoria, or their agent from having…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum