Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

leebuild - wood floors done carpet in today yah pics

Page 1 of 9
ok i think its time i get my act together. we are bulding in wattle grove wa and are yet to sign our contract and its been 3 months or longer. I am already stressing on render colour and have brought 10 sample pots.
we are have artist ink roof tiles and i think i am looking for a grey scheme , but not sure any advice would be great
this is the elevations sorry dont think i posted right but i will work out
[img][IMG]http://img268.imageshack.us/img268/9553/leebuildplan.th.gif[/img]
[/img]
this is the plan thought appreciated. we are a little concerned with the size of bedroom 2 and 3 they are only 3mx3m but will only be childrens bedrooms any thoughts does any one have same size
ill repost think this is better
is anyone out there ? anyone? my thread feels lonely
Hi leebuild
Firstly love the design of your house. It has a great flow and fantastic storage areas. Our kids have just under a 3x3 in our rental house at the moment and I must say it is bit cramped (2 girls are sharing) but a bit of clever organisation should be fine. Also having the webzone is a great idea so that will take some of the usuals out of their rooms. Looks fantastic.

All the best with your build
Personally I think bedrooms 3x3 are a tad small. That being said, if bedroom 4 is a spare room, you have enough space for toys (it would be a great play room), etc. You also have the "web zone" that could be utilised.

Overall I think it's a pretty nice plan.
thanks guys just did remeasure and the rooms are 3x3 from the built in robes so think ill be fine . just finding the colour for the front a little hard but looking through threads im getting more of an idea.
Hi leebuild, I really like your plan also. I think the bedrooms size will be fine, as mentioned the WebZone will help out with that. I like the double WIR off bed1, that's a bonus.
I look forward to seeing this house come to life. Good Luck and Welcome to HomeOne.
well a little peed off my sales rep was meant to come yesterday to sign contracts and didnt turn up. He acted dumb when we called 'oh did we have an appointment today'.

i hope he turns up today and on time or ill be very
and this is only the beginning, what ****** ahead?
Hi Lee, I like your house plans, especially the alfresco storage room- I haven't seen that done before. One thing I'm learning is to look at the space between sink cupboards and walls/showerscreens/baths. In my opinion the sink cupboards should either butt right up next to whatever is next to it or have a gap big enough to be able to clean easily (ie double hand width). Theres nothing worse than seeing these wonderful new houses designed with these poxy hard to clean areas. Its amazing how much hair, fluff, grime, etc falls down the side of bathroom cupboards. Also I would think about a skylight in the WIL room - I wish I did in mine as I have to turn on the light during day if I need to get anything. I would also move the meterbox right away from any bedroom walls. I put mine at the garage wall. Hope all goes well with your sales rep today!
thank issy the storage room was my idea we took out games room divided space to bed 4 and alfreso and initially the rep made the now storage to build in robe for bed 4 so i made it outdoor storage much more usefull i think.
i know what you mean we want ensuit cupboard to join shower but rep said company dont like to do it i ask to have a wall to join to . they are good at changing subject so it aws looked over, but will discuss today
contract is signed who hoo
and we save 10k on site works thats our aircon yah
Well done Lee!! Keep this thread posted....................
I liked a few of Commodores designs, I am building the Revolution 09 from Commodore Homes, but going through WAHC.
Like your design, especially the storage room.
Will be interesting to see your build progress and also to compare notes.
we only went through wahc because the block was being sold through them at the time. Just as we were about to sign they went on the open market, we thought of changing but our rep clem put a bit of effort in on our changes so i felt bad , would of prob liked bigger kids rooms but too many changes would of been costed as a one off design instead of promo. So we signed . i like my storage room i designed hehe rep though it was a snazzy idea too yah.
ill have to check your out booque.

prestart is planned for 9th march so i better get my crap together.
finally chose tiles

feature tile above prob wont be able to have porc and rectified below alternative flax 200x600 just in case

close up of feature in bathroom . on bath riser and around window full wall

feature in ensuite

bathroom
floors lux gris through bathroom ensuite and laundry
licrous linea cupboards horizontal, stipple seal benchtops
white goss 200x 600 tiled to roof in bathroom and ensuite 2 row in laundry
Very nice colours, lovely tiles.
thanks suh i love the rectified porcelin tile but i think the builder will have a problem or charge me a fortune to have them but we will see in a couple of weeks ,
we have finance approved
Related
16/11/2023
Plaster meets wood - how to fill

Building A New House

yeah i couldnt picture it issue either, but i could clearly picture what they were doing wrong haha

20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

25/12/2023
Foil wrap not done before brickwork

General Discussion

I am in the same situation, would you be able to give some insights in to this? I am in SA

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum