Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Bluestone Green Stage 23 - Wyndham Vale

Page 1 of 2
Annoyingly, it seems that our titles for Stage 23 were "expected" in April this year. I've only just discovered that this is no longer the case and its "expected" to be released May or June (but I dont think I'm going to hold my breath).

What we've been advised is that Stage 40 was apparently sold AFTER our stage, but developed and subsequently expected to be released in April BEFORE our Stage 23!!! Our Stage it seems now is unimportant and is being pushed back.

Any Bluestone Green future residents care to reply back with comments on your experiences so far? I'm especially keen on hearing from other Stage 23 folk.

Cheers
sorry, can't help you there. Im in an early 'stage' at BG built about 18 months ago and bought the land from someone else. But i will say this.... The developers are ars#^*les, don't let them get away with anything. I've had nothing but trouble from them from day 1. Useless as ti*s on a bull.

p.s. they will bend their guidelines, you just gotta ask.
By all means...I'd be interested to hear what you have to say since I'm going to go over the land contract with a fine toothed comb and see what we can/cannot do. At sales time, we were sold the land with an 'expected release' of April 2010. If this delay is because of hold ups in developing the stage before us, I can kind of live with that. But if we're pushed back because they all of a sudden decided to accelerate the release of a stage sold AFTER ours, then that leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.

Cheers
GOOD LUCK.
We just got away with a reduced side setback (garage on the boundary) a higher than normal boundary fence, and no indents/garden bed crappy fence niches on the side fence on the corner block we have. We just built it that way with no questions asked.
although i do seem to recall calling the developers and asking if we could do the fence higher, they were cool with it, for additional privacy.
We're Stage 16 and were due for Settlement 1st of Feb - we called them up on the 7th to see what was going on and the response my husband got was "We can't tell you that information!"

We just received a letter on Friday explaining that the developer and contractor are having delays and the titles won't be released until mid March - but then has to go through council so we probably won't be seeing our land until April/May!

So I think the entire estate/stages have been delayed unfortunately
hi guys,

im in stage 15 and it was ment to go to council today but this has not happened and i should have more information tomorrow
brobri
sorry, can't help you there. Im in an early 'stage' at BG built about 18 months ago and bought the land from someone else. But i will say this.... The developers are ars#^*les, don't let them get away with anything. I've had nothing but trouble from them from day 1. Useless as ti*s on a bull.

p.s. they will bend their guidelines, you just gotta ask.

You're not wrong there mate... we now have a *magical* easement in a reserve next to us that is going to affect our build - we have to have concrete piers now as they are worried our house will "sink" - But BS Customer Service knew nothing about this until my husband called them up yesterday to ask questions!
good luck with that...... oh and last i heard, we're not getting the "class A recycled water" until 2012.
well done developers promises again
brobri
good luck with that...... oh and last i heard, we're not getting the "class A recycled water" until 2012.

Sorry to be a pain here, but with the pack you should have received from sales when you enquired or bought the land there was a booklet about the recycled water.. it clearly states available from 2012.
Hey guys can anyone you advise on internet/Foxtel connections in Bluestone???

We currently have cable internet and cable Foxtel in Werribee and are wanting to transfer to the new place - are they both available in Bluestone???
sleven

We currently have cable internet and cable Foxtel in Werribee and are wanting to transfer to the new place - are they both available in Bluestone???

Hey Sleven, This is going to be a battle for us. I"ve been on numerous forums explaining the terrible state of Wyndham Vales internet infrastructure. At best we will be able to get ADSL, but it will be a wait. Some people have been waiting 9months +. I am waiting for the land to be titled so i can put in an order straight away. Thats the only way Telstra can see if you can receive the service.
Victoria_g06
sleven

Hey Sleven, This is going to be a battle for us. I"ve been on numerous forums explaining the terrible state of Wyndham Vales internet infrastructure. At best we will be able to get ADSL, but it will be a wait. Some people have been waiting 9months +. I am waiting for the land to be titled so i can put in an order straight away. Thats the only way Telstra can see if you can receive the service.

Jump onto yourbroadband.com.au, pop in your address and it will tell you what is available, example:

http://www.yourbroadband.com.au/index.php?Address=105789&Code=10b11013bbf7be3f46ec4a082479b96b

There are multiple 'DA's (Distribution Areas) servicing Bluestone Green. In Stage 23 (where we will be building) is anyones guess as to which DA I will be connected to. DA160 at least covers Ologhlen Drive and has 0 ADSL ports...on the other hand, DA158 which is kind of just around the corner, has 43 free ADSL ports. And since a large portion of Bluestone Green is still undeveloped, I'd assume there would be a handful more DA's commisioned.

Cheers
Victoria_g06
brobri

Sorry to be a pain here, but with the pack you should have received from sales when you enquired or bought the land there was a booklet about the recycled water.. it clearly states available from 2012.

..... like i said earlier Victoria_g06 we bought the land '2nd hand' so we did not receive a "sales pack".

FYI....I just hooked up my big...nd ADSL2+, and let me tell you coming off a 2yr contract with 3 mobile broadband (which sucked big time) this is a welcome relief, and much much faster.
brobri
Victoria_g06
brobri

..... like i said earlier Victoria_g06 we bought the land '2nd hand' so we did not receive a "sales pack".

FYI....I just hooked up my big...nd ADSL2+, and let me tell you coming off a 2yr contract with 3 mobile broadband (which sucked big time) this is a welcome relief, and much much faster.

Sorry, I had not read that post.
That's exciting to hear that you can get ADSL2+ there.. I hope it's available for me when I move in!
This is cool. Apparently my better half drove around to Stage 23 this morning - WITH TRUCKS AND BULLDOZERS PRESENT!!! They looked to have been dropping off sewer or stormwater concrete pipes, so if I'm thinking what i'm thinking...hopefully they're starting Stage 23.

So, so cool if this is the case.

Cheers
I just discovered this forum and I too, am building in Stage 23 of the Bluestone Estate.... Hi neighbour!!

Yes these delays are very frustrating! I know exactly where you are coming from. Have you been out there since early March? I was out there around then too but haven't been back since then (am afraid to look!)
Hey Guys,

Stage 16 here! Check out the link below for other frustrated Bluestone Greeners...

viewtopic.php?f=26&t=19556&start=380

People from Stage 15 are still waiting! They were due in November last year! And we were due Feb this year... one Bluestone Greener discussed the hold up with Sunland today - check out the news on the above link!!!
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news...

Took a drive out to the estate yesterday. Suffice to say I was far from convinced that there was any chance of Stage 23 being ready in a couple of months. I also spoke with Tamara today. They are now saying stage 23 won't be ready til the end of September. GRRRR!!!!

I think the best way to approach this whole estate release is start with the date you signed your contract, add your age and multiply by your shoe size... I am pretty sure that's the formula Sunland use. Nasty letter coming their way.
Has anyone tried claiming damages/compensation from the developer as a result of fees or penalties charged by the builder? For example, $!/\/\onds are going to charge us $1000 per month for every month beyond May that they can't get access to our land. Of course, release of the land is entirely out of our hands, yet we're getting penalised for it.
Stage 15.

Signed contract in February 2009 with assurance that land would be released in October 2009. Received one formal written communication advising land would be released early February 2010 due to drainage issues and wet weather. No formal written communication since, although plenty of empty verbal promises when communication has been initiated by us. We have been advised incorrectly throughout. In the past 10 days, telephone communication has come from the developers to advise land release will be 4th May and a letter is being forwarded, but we are not holding our breaths. Still no letter to date and not expecting one as we have been promised this before.
My understanding is that entitlement to compensation from the developer re penalties and also on accrued interest on deposits (past the promised due date) do not appear to be available within the contract. However, whilst having little or no recourse within the written contract perhaps there may be some possibility to take action on verbal promises/assurances, as these might also be considered contracts? Would need to check this out. If verbal promises/assurances are considered to be contracts then there is more strength in numbers so perhaps an option would be a class action?? Another option may be taking this matter up with consumer affairs. Would be interested to hear outcomes if anyone has investigated any of the above options.
Related
20/06/2023
Pre-construction stage- Variations taking 6+ weeks to comple

General Discussion

The fastest thing a builder will do is bank your cheque, those systems work perfectly with lightning speed, everything else is slow burn. Just the way it is.

20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

25/03/2024
Job sequences in fixing and fit-off stage

Building A New House

Thanks for much mate. I see that you do cabinets before flooring. For timber flooring, for most parts it's fine because it's got base plates, and for door jabs you can…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum