Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Building Fraser 232 with Coral Homes at Springfield Lakes

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys,

I have also recently decided to build with Coral Homes at Springfield Lakes. I have decided to build the Fraser 232 on my 856 sq m block.

I have paid my initial deposit for soil test, contour survey, etc last week and am waiting to hear from them.

How do you know if the soil test has been performed on your land ?

Also, I am maintaining my own blog at http://coralhomesfraser232.blogspot.com/ so that i can update my progress regularly with this exciting experience. I have recently uploaded my plans and would like you guys to have a look at it and come up with suggestions.
Hi ManishU,
Welcome to Homeone. I too am building with Coral and my thread is in my signature.
I like your changes to the plans and can't wait to follow your build as we'll also be starting soon. Good Luck

Just a question though as I'm a bit confused. You asked about your soil tests. How is it that you have your final plans if you believe they haven't even completed the soil tests yet. Didn't they give you some confirmation that the tests were completed? What has been the order of events so far?
Hi walker79,

I had posted that message a while back when the soil tests were about to be performed. Thats when i had updated my blog with the rough site plan and the rough house plan. That was way back on the 10th of November 2009.

After that i got the soil test results. Signed the initial tender. Received the final plans from Coral. Signed the contract just before Christmas (to get my FHOG) and now the plans are in council. This is when i updated my blog again.

Apologies for any confusion in the sequence of events.
ManishU
Hi walker79,

I had posted that message a while back when the soil tests were about to be performed. Thats when i had updated my blog with the rough site plan and the rough house plan. That was way back on the 10th of November 2009.

After that i got the soil test results. Signed the initial tender. Received the final plans from Coral. Signed the contract just before Christmas (to get my FHOG) and now the plans are in council. This is when i updated my blog again.

Apologies for any confusion in the sequence of events.

No worries, I understand now.

But the date on your first post at the top of this page says Jan 13. That's why I was a bit confused also?
I am starting to upload my selections on my blog, let me know what you guys think. These are from the standard selections that Coral has allowed; except for the main floors in lounge and living where i have decided to go for 3-strip timber.
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

14/04/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

In Qld it is a requirement that a builder must have a cost breakdown, for building a home to the same specification, with the same inclusions and the same finish. So ask…

14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum