Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Handover

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, is the house suppose to be all clean during handover?
should i expect the carpet to be vacuum and clean?

what else should i expect? what bout water connection etc?
Mmm, "clean" is a matter of opinion. A builder's clean doesn't usually go anywhere near what most of us would call clean.
But the carpet should be vacuumed, hard floors mopped and other surfaces wiped down too.

The problem is, even if the cleaner does an outstanding job, you can guarantee that one or more tradies will have to come in afterwards to finish something off, and they tend to make a mess.

Your water should already be connected, so should electricity, but you'll have to arrange for the electricity account to be transferred to your name - the builder ought to have a form for you to sign to take care of that.
yeah, my house has had 3 cleans now. Handover is this afternoon. I was there when they did the second clean and it was hardly a clean. They used a very small basic vacuum, a ******* old mop and hardly even wiped the bench.

First thing I am doing tonight is giving it a clean of my own before I start moving my furniture in. Actually, my priority is the toilets cos the tradies were using them!! eewww! lol!!
Related
12/09/2023
Can a variation dispute hold up handover?

Building A New House

yes it does, you've just not understood it. theres a difference.

13/11/2023
Key Handover

General Discussion

Your house should come in "as new" condition. It should be clean, and without stains

10/05/2024
Final Invoice and Key Handover

Building A New House

Hi Need to read your contract about when final payment is received. Clearly outlines what happens. In vic, known defects or incomplete work must be completed before…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum