Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Demolishing Costs in Perth

Page 1 of 1
Hi everybody

We are going to demolish our old place and re-build in the next few months and naturally started looking to get quotes from different demolishing companies

The house it's an old double brick, tile, 3 bedroom, 1 bathroom + one 4 x 6m shed, no trees to remove - only small vegetation, no fences to remove and so far two companies came back - both quoting outrageous prices

one came back with $19k and one with $17k
. How in earth did we get to this prices to demolish in Perth?

Did anybody demolish recently? Any advice, info appreciated.

Ta

Bagheera
We demolished in July (NOR) and getting the demolition companies to respond was tough. I think we asked 8 companies and got 2 replies. And yeah, the quotes were $15k - $19k. Let me know if you want the company that I used.
Thanks dragon - wouldn't hurt to know which companies replied...

Those figures are not too encourging... Everybody we asked before we decided to go ahead told us that the cost of demolishing will be somewhere 7-13K depending on the size of the property and if trees are to be removed etc etc... Can't believe they bumped the prices so much in a matter of months. And to add insult to injury one of the quotes stated that if the state levy on the landfil will be increased on the 1st Jan the price will be increased by 20%...
Demolished 3 x 1 weatherboard and 2 small sheds with an badly overgrown back yard ( approx 400sqm yard ) on a 1100 sqm Block SOR earlier this year. Guys I used did a good job but the 3 month wait cost me the difference between the cheapest and the dearest quote in interest to the bank so wouldnt recommend them. Job done for $13 K and dearest quote was $18 K. I see Jag around a fair bit and a mate used them and said they were great, but they were the dearest of my quotes.

Do check with council about what they require to accecpt the demo as each council has different regs in the matter ( demo licence, verge bond , plumbing certificate for septic even if you have no tanks, rat baiting and asbestos , again even if you dont have any) . Again getting this wrong cost us months in waiting and hence interest.

Good luck
thanks Eco

We do have at least 2 months until we start to demolish so I'm still hoping to get a better price.

Did ring a few of them to come and see the property as we have a fair bit of stuff which can be recycled -e.g. newly cleaned and re-sprayed roof tiles (were did just before the winter as initially we were thinking to renovate the house), there are jarrah beams in the roof, jarrah floor boards, a colourbond back patio- 15 m long in very good condition, ducted LG aircon, paving etc. I'm not sure how it works but these companies will re-sale these items in their yards with a good profit.

We might need to contact a few people and sell some of these items ourselves if the demolishing guys are not interested to give us any discounts.
If they have done an inspection, then they will tell you that they include the salvage costs into their price (ie price would be higher if they did not) We had a couple of A/C (less than 2 yrs old) - didn't specifcally tell them that we would sell them and boy were they annoyed when they came and found them missing!
If you only have 2 months to demo, then you may be a bit late. Council approval takes about 4-6 weeks then mandatory rat baiting then the demo company scheduling into their books........
Agreeing with Dragon.

My demo house was approx 30's or 40's old house and hence had some fantastic flloor boards in it. We couldnt store them safely or transfer them so left them for the salvage team . They removed a wall very carefully and then removed the floor boards. Two weeks later they came back and flattened the house. Was obvious what was most important to them. they did however leave the bore pump intact at our request.
None of the two companies who sent quotes did inspect the house inside - just one did have a quick look around from outside as both of us work during the day and gave us a quote of $17k so I think we should have them come around when we're home and discuss rather than give us general quotes.

Thanks guys
12K cash
We used "Preferred Demolition" in April 22. From memory is was mid teens + GST. Got three other quotes and found the Preferred one very competitive. Mark and Linda were great to deal with and did a great job and I'd highly recommend them (they were recommended to me too).
Will the demolishing company remove the trees & stumps as well or do we need to get tree lopper to do the trees before we engage demo company?
Related
18/06/2023
Facade pillar tiling costs and recommendations in sydney

Building A New House

Looking to tile the facade pillars rather than rendering. Builder is quoting 2500$ laying cost for upto 10msq. The 2 pillars come to be 16msq. So laying costs are 5000$…

15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

2/10/2023
Landscaping Options and Costs

Building A New House

Ha all, I am now about half way (maybe a bit more) through my build with Carlisle Homes - double-storey knockdown/rebuild project. So I am now doing my due diligence and…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum