Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Aurora - building home with burbank

Page 1 of 1
Hi Guys,

Am new here.

Just bought a house and land package with burbank as builder. I am a first time home buyer and not surprisingly feeling tumbling up and down at this moment.

We were told when we placed the $1000 deposit that construction contract will be signed in coming dec to make sure we are eligibale for the fhbg. land be released in mar 10 and they can start contruct in apr 10, and be done in oct 10...is this too dreamy???

Would be nice to know anyone going to be aurora 9epping north) and hear from anyone advise.

cheers:tortoise
No, that sounds about normal to me, for Burbank at least.
I'm with burbank as well....deposit last year on October, land release on June-July this year and now waiting for burbank to build a house.
whats causing the delay meeoni?
don't know why it's delayed...
now waiting for council approve

any idea?
Hey Tortoise.. congratulations! Are you dealing with Nancy? We were looking to build the Revolution there but unfortunately we couldn't find a block to suit in stage12 I think. Anyway, goodluck with the build.
k3narki
Hey Tortoise.. congratulations! Are you dealing with Nancy? We were looking to build the Revolution there but unfortunately we couldn't find a block to suit in stage12 I think. Anyway, goodluck with the build.

Oh yes am with her...!!! We are building Corella and I am really having my finger cross hoping everything goes on according to what she and Vicurban said...So did you guys found another lot ?
BTW, is anyone here ever change carpets to all tiles? I am building a 3 rooms & 1 study area house, thus 4 carpets area. Anyone can shot me some advsie what will be the approx. xtra cost if change into all tiles?

I have cats, and believe me, very unreasonable and capable cats which can destory any carpet within months
, thus I rather avoid than changing every 1 or 2 years.

tortoise
tortoise
k3narki

Oh yes am with her...!!! We are building Corella and I am really having my finger cross hoping everything goes on according to what she and Vicurban said...So did you guys found another lot ?

We ended up purchasing a block in south morang, hawkstowe. We liked the two estates but we have family in Lyndarum and aurora so we wanted our distance
Most our family and friends are currently building with burbank in epping. Our friends in aurora are building the display home to the right as you walk in the display office. Just can't remember the name. My older brother is building soho28 in lyndarum and are expecting handover next week. I'm amazed how quickly they build.

Is the corella the corner block house? The one with the 12'ft ceilings in the master? If so, you gotta love that!
hey there,

am not too sure whether there is the corner block though we did bought a corner lot. am actually located in sydney at this moment and by looking at some sydney display homes village, i dare say people in melbourne might be luckier in the home designs...not sure, but designs here seem to be emphasize in length instaed of width, perhaps due to the limitations of land.

congratulations on your property as well!

tort
I just wanted to wish you good luck. We built in Aurora, but with Meletis Homes. Just the actual building period was over 12 months, but Meletis are notoriously slow. Our house is lovely though.
From what I've seen of Burbank and Simonds in Aurora, they do build very quickly.

I just wanted to point out that I started a "building in lyndarum / aurora" thread (which you can search for using the search function) and there's several people there who are building in Aurora and maybe in the same stage as you.

Just a hint: search for Lyndarm, not Aurora as there's some benchtop called Aurora and you'll get heaps of posts about that.
Related
22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

3/03/2024
Cost to pre wire home for smart home system with builder

Lighting + Lighting Design

We already paid for somfy motors for the blinds. The quote above was purely for “pre-wiring” so the blinds company can install the motors and blinds. That’s why we…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum