Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

cost of deeper footings at back of your house

Page 1 of 1
hi everyone we will be building our house soon and want to put a swimming pool in, but because we have a small garden we have to have the pool coming straight off the house of 6 metres wide and 2 metres deep.
Does anyone know what a good price is for this?
We live in perth.
thanks
tracynrich
I am also looking for some advice about this, I am putting my swimming pool close to my house 0.7 mts, I have to put the footings as well, pool person says cost you around @ $600 per footing and each footing on every metre of the swming pool, but the builder says 25K for the footings itself, which almost the price of the swimming pool
sk_oradba - we have just gone through this same problem.

Our pool sits approx 1 metre from the back alfresco. There was also a stormwater from Sydney water on the property behind. When they started digging the pool is was complete fill, they were originally going to do 2 piers at the back for sydney water and 2 piers close to the alfresco.

When they dug down for piering they were unable to find anything stable to attach/rest the piers on. Ended up with 2metre piers and still nothing. They said as we were on fill the concrete piering we would need approx 12 and not sure of total costing.
Had an engineer come out and suggested these ground screws. The lock into the ground and stop at a certain pressure. We were also told Sydney water liked these to be used so we were happy with that.

12 ground screws went in ( only took 2 hrs ) at a 2.2m depth. - costing came to $3600.00

Look into it - I have the company details our pool company used. They let us pay them direct so there was no mark up.

Have a look at my blog and you will see the ground screw before and after inserted.
Hope this helps.. My pool was turning into a endless money pit...
Related
5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

1/01/2024
Back-flow Prevention Valve ?

Building A New House

Good luck with it. I don't know what the cost of a nice bidet seat with a 25mm air gap will be but you are obviously deducting the cost of a RPZ valve and its…

27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum