Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

What exactly is included in Fixed Site Costs?

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

We are about to start signing some paperwork with our builder and have come to the fixed site costs vs no fixed site costs question. We are in a slightly better situation in that we have a soil report from a builder that we were going to go with, however we pulled out due to a number of reasons.

We don't entirely understand the report - although it seems like we should go fixed.

What we would like to know is what is included in fixed site costs? Does it cover absolutely everything eg rocks? Or are there still a few exclusions? Does it differ from one company to another?

Advice and opinions would be greatly appreciated!

Many Thanks
you will have to ask your builder what exactly fixed means, and get it in writing - preferably in the contract. Last time I built they added $4000 extra for extra footings without telling me until months after the slab was laid.
I'm taking a fixed site cost and it is already detailed in the sales advice document. The cost includes everything including the rock removal. I suggest you ask your sales consultant and get it in writing. Every builder can have different inclusion.
When I simply put in a house order (burbank) they included all the inclusions and exclusions.

Standard is fixed site costs, within limits. Hell, the order is just here I'll detail it. Its a standard copy.

Site Allowance - $5,800 - 0-1000mm fall. Rock Excavation and removal, surplus soil and spoil removal for lots up to 700m2. Bored concrete piers to 450m diamater. Waffle pod slab up to and including P class slab. Survey, soil, site clears, sleeper retainer walls, etc.

If your builder has'nt made it clear - damn, make them make it clear.
I am so confused with my site cost as well. I was told by the sales consultant that 'all site costs are included'. Now after the engineering report etc, I have to:
Upgrade the concrete from M class to H - $4400
Additional cost of slab, reinforcement, bored piers etc - $3500
Rock removal (provisional sum cost) - $ 3000
Double handling due to wet site condition etc (provisional) -$1500
Termite protection -$1700

Is this normal? That's almost $15000 more. Why would they say that 'all site costs are included'? I should have come to this forum earlier, and I would have asked them 'what's included'. Are there any regulations somewhere that protect me against such matter? customer acts etc?
I think this is not normal.
Termite protection should be included in your house price.

Wet side condition? I think you shouldn't pay for this.

Contact dept of fair trading and ask their advice.

Dia_dia
I am so confused with my site cost as well. I was told by the sales consultant that 'all site costs are included'. Now after the engineering report etc, I have to:
Upgrade the concrete from M class to H - $4400
Additional cost of slab, reinforcement, bored piers etc - $3500
Rock removal (provisional sum cost) - $ 3000
Double handling due to wet site condition etc (provisional) -$1500
Termite protection -$1700

Is this normal? That's almost $15000 more. Why would they say that 'all site costs are included'? I should have come to this forum earlier, and I would have asked them 'what's included'. Are there any regulations somewhere that protect me against such matter? customer acts etc?
just out of interest who are you building with Dia?
Thanks for the responses. After a couple days of complaining, my builder (B--tique) .. they told me that they are going to honor the initial deal, that site costs are included in the house and land package. Now, learning from this forum, I have asked them to amend the contract, listing what exactly is included in Fixed Site Costs. I still haven't heard from them. My pre-start is next Thursday. I hope I get the new contract before that.

Are there anything else I should be aware of before signing the building contract?
Check if they already include connections to : stormwater, electricity, sydney water, recycle water, telstra/phone, gas, hot water.

Dia_dia
Thanks for the responses. After a couple days of complaining, my builder (B--tique) .. they told me that they are going to honor the initial deal, that site costs are included in the house and land package. Now, learning from this forum, I have asked them to amend the contract, listing what exactly is included in Fixed Site Costs. I still haven't heard from them. My pre-start is next Thursday. I hope I get the new contract before that.

Are there anything else I should be aware of before signing the building contract?
Hi All,

I build with m3tr1c0n,
there is 2 options,
- Fixed site cost - $13000, including any rocks removal
- Not fixed - $9500 based on Geosite program.

after that I told them to use Not Fixed as my land in williams landing potentially flat.
but a bit risk though

Suddenly m3tr1c0n said to me that I can get rebate if the site cost is lesser.

Should I believe them and choose fixed site cost?

Here is what he said...
"
now we can offer fixed site costs, if the actual costs come lower, m3tr1c0n will refund you the balance, if higher, we will pay it, not you. So you get total peace of mind
"

Any experience ?

Thanks
So Carlisle is giving out fixed site costs for 13500, and is this including Council Costs?

My Site Cost was put at 15k Site Cost + 3.5k Council Costs in the Tarneit Area. Stage 18.

What was the size of your homes being built? Mine is 36sq home, so would this be a reason. Well I am trying to figure out which risk to take.. Fixed Site Cost or wait till Soil test...?!!
Related
8/11/2023
Kitchen Quote - What should be included?

Kitchen Corner

hey there! ๐Ÿ˜Š so, itโ€™s kinda common for standard drawer depths to be around 500mm since most cabinets use this size to fit the usual runners…

26/11/2023
Mojo Homes site costs

General Discussion

Is anyone building with Mojo and have a recent site cost tender

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum