Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

It's not the Cost of Land, it's Cost of Land Plus Siteworks

Page 1 of 1
For what its worth - our site was so steep, the guy was honest to say would have to load the $$ if he quoted fixed price. We agreed the cheaper way would be to pay the digger a daily rate, cost of trucks to take dirt away $75 /hr + $60 a load to dump. This work great for us - the landfill was only 10 mins away. You need an honest worker - ours was gr8.
Desmondp
Often land further away which is cheaper has more expensive siteworks so its a false economy

I tend to disagree, it's not really the fact that if you're further away (I'm assuming you mean further away from the city) you pay more on site cost, it just depends on what type of soil and fall that area has. You could be close to the city and have bad soil, hence high site cost.

I'm also getting fixed site cost and you are right, if the cost is cheaper than they had fixed, I wont get a refund of the balance. However, this is the risk I'm willing to take to have piece of mind knowing that this is the price I'm paying, rather than sweat it out waiting for the soil test. Besides, as my land wont settle until months from now, I need a fixed price contract to go for my loan and and eligible for the grant, if I didnt get fixed site cost, I would probably miss out on the grant.

However I do agree that before people buy land, they should also research about site cost around that area before making the decision to buy.
Related
6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

16/04/2024
Hardie Linea Vs BGC Nuline Plus

Building A New House

We are building a house that was planned to be clad in Hardie Linea, our builder has now requested to swap this for BGC Nuline Plus. They look fairly similar and he has…

20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum