Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Who else is waiting for their contract, please join me!!

Page 1 of 3
I was just wondering how many people here are waiting for their contract to be drawn up, and need it signed before June 30.. We have been waiting since March 15 with DFH.

Please join this thread, so then we can all vent and worried together lolol.
Joys of getting the paper work done!!
we are also waiting for ours from DFH but our wait is with the developer allowing DFH on the land for a soil test...
oh no beanie, do you have any idea why the developer won't let then do the soil test ?? How long have you been waiting?
Our soil test was done 4 weeks ago, our land doesn't settled till the 19th of June. But the developers were more than happy for them to do it.

Just a bummer that we are still waiting, my sister in lawis building too, and only waited 4 weeks for theirs.
We've been told our contract with M will be ready on 29th may. I certainly hope it's earlier rather than later so I have a chance to check it properly and make necessary changes before signing.
I am getting quite concerned. We want to make a minor change to our plan but are very worried our builder can't get this done and have us at contract by June 30. It has taken them 3 weeks simply to update the the first fixed price tender after we submitted our electrical plan.

We are desperately trying to get to contract, but we don't want to just sign something we aren't happy with. I am thinking we may get stuck with signing the contract and paying for changes post-signing which will be $1000 a pop. Tolerable if we only make the one set of changes I guess.

I wish the government gave some sort of time extension for people that can show they have been trying to get to contract but their builder has been struggling to meet the timeline due to workload. Seems like a reasonable proposition to me given that there is a tonne of work involved with actually getting to a decent contract state.
Thats what were wanting to dotoo, btherl, But its great that they gave you a date of when the contract will be ready. Will you hassel them if its not ready by that date? I'm sure it will!! Hubby and I are waiting till the 27TH of May and were thinking about ringing them up asking WHEN WHEN WHEN.

Like you, we want to go through it slowly!!
emptyvessel
I am getting quite concerned. We want to make a minor change to our plan but are very worried our builder can't get this done and have us at contract by June 30. It has taken them 3 weeks simply to update the the first fixed price tender after we submitted our electrical plan.

We are desperately trying to get to contract, but we don't want to just sign something we aren't happy with. I am thinking we may get stuck with signing the contract and paying for changes post-signing which will be $1000 a pop. Tolerable if we only make the one set of changes I guess.

I wish the government gave some sort of time extension for people that can show they have been trying to get to contract but their builder has been struggling to meet the timeline due to workload. Seems like a reasonable proposition to me given that there is a tonne of work involved with actually getting to a decent contract state.

Oh no emptyvessel, has there been any communcation since making your changes? My husband and I were taking about the same subject about the government. I actually have kepted all emails from DFH in the beginning on the promise on having the contract signed by June 30. Just in case
We had colour appointments late March, and were meant to sign our contract end of April, but that didn't happen as paperwork wasn't ready. We finally rec'd the tender and drawings via email Friday night, and there's changes that need to be made! We are meant to be signing the contract on May 14, but now with changes... and still waiting on the balance of paperwork to review, this will be pushed back again!
We have been waiting from 28 Feb with DFH. The CSC told us that the projected contract ready for signing will be around mid May. So fingers crossed, it should be ready by then.

We were told from start that they needed at least 3 months to get the contract ready. I am not sure about other builders? Would appreciate if anyone can advise on the timeline with other builders to get the contract ready from initial consultation.
waiting for conract with coral homes - according to my tender letter the contract should be signed by 11 june, so fingers crossed they get a wriggle on
anyhoo, i'm just sick of the paperwork...
FND
We have been waiting from 28 Feb with DFH. The CSC told us that the projected contract ready for signing will be around mid May. So fingers crossed, it should be ready by then.

We were told from start that they needed at least 3 months to get the contract ready. I am not sure about other builders? Would appreciate if anyone can advise on the timeline with other builders to get the contract ready from initial consultation.

Signed up at the end of January with PD Lifestyle.... changed to PD prestige at the end of February but we kept our same schedule (which was good of them). Tender on March 11th, contract on April 6th. They have actually done everything in the time frame they said they would which has been promising.
I'm waiting for my contract, as it needs to be signed by June 30. But you know what, Big Red says Relax. **** like this just falls into place.
FND

We signed up with Henley Feb 3rd and had tender March 13th and contracts April 7th......
Yes, they told me 10 -15 days from tomorrow only. Contract & final drawings.

Cheers
KW........
I am also with DFH paid initial deposit on the 8th of March,

Are still waiting ot be contacted regarding colour appointment and was origionally told contract would be in May.

When calling the customer service officer she assures me everything is on track but am still worried.

Have you had your colour appointment yet naytara?
We're still waiting for our contract.

If we don't get it by June 30, we'll be putting the house on the back burner for a bit.

We really only sped everything up for our house because of the incentive of the extra 26k towards our house.

*fingers crossed* it all happens.

We signed up with the builder back in February, but we have made a lot of changes which has caused some delays.
naytara
emptyvessel

Oh no emptyvessel, has there been any communcation since making your changes? My husband and I were taking about the same subject about the government. I actually have kepted all emails from DFH in the beginning on the promise on having the contract signed by June 30. Just in case

I am getting on the phone with my CSR at 10am. Busy trying to do photoshop changes to the diagrams in the hope that it demonstrates how easy the changes really are and thus push it through.

There has been communication, but nothing useful. Essentially I am telling them that I must be at contract by June 30 or they lose my business, forever. Hopefully this incents some lazy office staff to work overtime to get this done.

Frankly, I fail to understand what the F%^&! takes so long. My business is at least as complicated as this nonsense and we get quotes and paperwork returned to our customers in less than a week. Quote changes take about 2 days including and diagrams. Every builder in the industry must have totally useless systems and staff working for them. I could possibly understand if this was just my builder, but it seems to be most of them that struggle with this basic paperwork. I mean, 3 weeks for a change to 1 or two line items is just ridiculous. For crying out loud, they even use a standard HIA or similar contract AND they cookie cutter the changes.

Fingers crossed the government keeps the bonus for 1st homebuyers come budget night. I doubt it, but I am still hoping. The building industry needs all the "special carers allowance" that can be afforded. They are very special indeed. (LOL at myself!)

Note: Edited myself as I had put in some offensive material and realised it was poor taste. Apology to those that read before the edit.
We are still waiting on our contract from Simonds.

We originally had a contract drawn up but it wasn't fixed and also the estimator made a mistake. They were charging us for a H class slab instead of M class. So still waiting and we kept everything pretty much standard. Hate to know what the people are going through who made alterations
Just got off the phone to my CSR. I am promised "ACTION STATIONS!" and they will be doing a whole bunch of specific actions to speed this through. Am told that I will be at contract in around 2-3 weeks.

Will keep you posted if they can deliver on the promises. Sure are talking the talk....
bigred
I'm waiting for my contract, as it needs to be signed by June 30. But you know what, Big Red says Relax. **** like this just falls into place.

Oh Big Red.... if only that was always true. 8 months I waited for M3tricon to actually have a correct contract.... it was simply beyond them to figure out what house were even building for 3 of those months.
I sh*t you not.
Related
3/09/2023
Contract Sum Adjustments in HIA contract

Building A New House

You talk about deletions, are they variations or PS and PC adjustments? pleas list them

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

27/07/2023
Slab design - contract issues

Building A New House

It looks your builder was trying his luck

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum