Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Soil Removal - Costing?

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone cost rough costings for what they have had to pay for soil removal??

Our builders have come back to us with an estimate pricing of $5500, for 10 loads. They didnt realise how much there would be, so the contractors that they have used and the director have agreed to pay for 5 of the loads, but it would cost us $2750.

I am in the process of getting some quotes off some excavators at the moment, and one guy seemed pretty nice and that he would do the job for cheap. He mentioned that he had a few sites that he could get rid of it to for cheap...

Anyone got any ideas?
In melb

If cost around 75plus gst for bobcat driver and 10 cubic meter truck.
and cost around 80-100 per truck to tip.

So for 10loads you will be looking at 1000. Plus time to load truck and drive to tip.
There is probably 2days work. So for bob cat 1360 approx.
so thats about $2500.

So it looks like you are covering there share as well. I dont think they are paying half like they say.
See, they have dug all the soil up so it just needs to be loaded onto a truck...

They are saying that it would be around $550 per load for the removal... I think its a bit excessive.
Ames84
See, they have dug all the soil up so it just needs to be loaded onto a truck...

They are saying that it would be around $550 per load for the removal... I think its a bit excessive.

It's not the removing so much that is expensive, it's where ever they are taking it to dump it that can become expensive.
yes $550 is expensive. Clean fill is cheap to dump. $550 is the cost to dump a truck load of rubbish not clean fill.
It may depend on the distance to the dump.

What area of sydney are you in? Worth getting a few quotes.
Im building in Spring Farm which is in the Camden Area.

Its all clean fill... There is no rubbish in it!!

We are getting 3 separate quotes at the moment and have also spoken to the contractor that they use to see what price he would do for us...
we're in syd and ours was $350 per truck or $600 for truck & dog - supposed to be clean fill but wasn't that clean once they started to dig it up!
newbuilder75
we're in syd and ours was $350 per truck or $600 for truck & dog - supposed to be clean fill but wasn't that clean once they started to dig it up!

if it wasnt clean fill then what was it. I hope you werent building on a rubbish tip
newbuilder75

Do you know who your builders used to remove it all??
no sorry. it was part of our build/contract cost. i'm not sure who they got to actually remove the soil. sorry i can't be much help to you.
If its soil (topsoil) you should be nearly able to get someone to pick it up. If its fill then might cost you some. If someone is after fill (check classifieds etc), they would possibly pay for the transportation component. Wish you were closer to lithgow!!
The main issue is finding somewhere to dump it. Unless you can strike someone like me (who last month needed 500 tonne) you will have to pay to dump it. Even then if you did find someone you will still have to pay to transport it and possibly when they dump it they may have to smooth it out. We are accepting clean fill at present and it is under the proviso that as it gets dumped it gets smoothed by the company at the same time. We had around 150 tonne delivered yesterday and the company had the dingo going all day pushing it around to an even height. The person who wanted to get rid of the dirt had to foot this bill - not us.
I had 9 truck loads removed as well as 28 retaining wall post holes dug by an excavator for $1600. Dumping dirt was free as they are building a road nearby (as long as it's clean fill). That was 3 weeks ago.

Em
Related
27/11/2023
Site Cut & Footing Excess Soil Removal

General Discussion

PM me your email. I have a build excavation calculator you can use based on your plans to double check what your builder is telling you. Cheers Simeon

25/07/2023
Peeling plastic laminate - advice on removal?

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

At a bit of a loss on this one - we're thinking the original owners never removed the protective laminate covers from their kitchen cabinets after installation and in the…

3/09/2023
Natural stone- stain removal and gloss sealing

General Discussion

Hi, planning on using the attached stone pieces in my bathroom. I want to remove stains and gloss seal. Can I get some advice on best way to remove stains and best…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum