Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

building a inner city terrace - advice please

Page 1 of 1
Hi there - first time poster here.

from alot of post's i've read it seems a lot of members have bought house and land packages out of the city - and this is obviously the more common approach.

My partner and i have come across inner city land in sydney and wondering if anyone knew of a builder/ home construction company with building terraces from scratch experience.

this is all priliminary reserach so far - nothing has been signed. But we have access to plans that were previously approved (have since elapsed as 2 years has passed) and thinking of asking for some cost estimates from various builders - but the hard question - what builders to ask.

any feedback or information would be greatly appreciated.
*bumped*

i got pointed to this forum from over at whirlpool and was expecting god things.
Fair enough my questions is different - but where would you start if you were in my shoes.

cheers
chriskq
*bumped*

i got pointed to this forum from over at whirlpool and was expecting god things.

cheers

Sometimes the biggest disappointments are born of the greatest expectations...
Everyone on here is generally very helpful - unfortunately your question is very specific so you might have to wait for the right person to come along and answer it!
chriskq
*bumped*

Fair enough my questions is different - but where would you start if you were in my shoes.

cheers

Chris probably not a good way to start your Homeone experience methinks.

You are about to enter a world of a lot of confusion, heartache and excitement - building a home never runs smoothly. So my first lesson to you would be - PATIENCE!!

Start by phoning builders in the yellow pages. Ask them if they have experience in building in high density areas. Ask them would they be willing to build in your area. Ask them to quote on your plans.

These are all basic things to do - one that most people would do when not building with a spec builder.
thankyou kyton and i will have to learn to be more patient... its not my fault im a developer and expect alot of stuff to happen instantly *jokes*

hopefully might have something worthwhile to report back later.

appreciate the comments thus far though - its a whole new world to me.
Related
15/09/2023
Sydney - Inner Suburbs - Boutique Builder Costs

Building A New House

Hi Simeon, PM'ed you the other day. Still waiting >

20/04/2024
Gas Abolishment - Brisbane city council

General Discussion

Thanks for your advice, I will reach out to ombudsman

18/02/2024
Footing advice and core fill advice for 600mm retaining wall

Paving & Concreting

Versaloc is a mortarless besser block system that still needs a properly engineered footing. If you just do a 400x200 footing it will fail in time. At 17m long you need it…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum