Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Any feedback on Burbank

Page 1 of 1
After reading the thread about Henley I thought I would ask the same about Burbank

We are building the Bluebird with them, and due to sign tender in about 2 weeks
We are building with Burbank at the moment. We went with the Gerbera complete. We were told with the salesman as you saw the house is how you got it barring the outside areas. When the tender stage got there they ommited about 5 things and told us we were misinformed. We stood by and threatened to go else where and got them added.

Now we are up to the plastering stage and have found that the communication by them is very poor through the building. We were not told that they had started, no call from the supervisor, and the lady looking after us magically dissappeared .

We are now dealing with a team leader who I must call tomorrow and point her own contract that says I can make changes to the house not as she says "is against our policy".

I new I would have problems but not communicating to the customer has to be the worst problem of all...
Cool thanks

Gives us things to look out for

Hope it gets better for you
TL50
We are building with Burbank at the moment. We went with the Gerbera complete. We were told with the salesman as you saw the house is how you got it barring the outside areas. When the tender stage got there they ommited about 5 things and told us we were misinformed. We stood by and threatened to go else where and got them added.

Now we are up to the plastering stage and have found that the communication by them is very poor through the building. We were not told that they had started, no call from the supervisor, and the lady looking after us magically dissappeared .

We are now dealing with a team leader who I must call tomorrow and point her own contract that says I can make changes to the house not as she says "is against our policy".

I new I would have problems but not communicating to the customer has to be the worst problem of all...

Assuming their communication is really THAT bad, doesn't your contract state that they must inform you in writing when construction begins?
We go past our block all the time, so will probably see stuff before they can let us know anyway!
YSSIM

Assuming their communication is really THAT bad, doesn't your contract state that they must inform you in writing when construction begins?

More than likely, I was just happy to drive by and saw them start to build. Now I go past every day.

I guess the salesman must be good, besides my house there are 6 other Burbank houses
They forget to tell you guys that they have started building. But I'm definitely sure they won't foger to send you that invoice!
Related
2/04/2024
Any feedback on Mojo builds on sloping sites and in Thornton

Building A New House

Hi, We are looking for a builder that can build a small home (smaller length) on a sloping site. We came across Mojo's Zephyr design 10.6 m wide and 11.5 m length. Does…

22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

19/07/2023
Feedback requested from anyone that's used Pentablock

Landscape & Garden Design

As title suggests, looking at using the interlocking Pentablock stacked stone products to replace failing timber retaining…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum