Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Anyone ever heard of Pandomo flooring???

Page 1 of 1
Hi

Just wondering if anyone has ever come across a flooring product called Pandomo and made by Ardex:

http://www.pandomo.de/en/

It's some sort of concrete based self levelling screed, which can be coloured and finished in basically any way you want - an alternative to polished concrete I guess?

We had our minds pretty much made up on porcelain tiles because we didn't really think polished concrete gave us enough options and also worried about cracking...

but our Building Designer mentioned he was looking into this for a house he is building for himself, so started to do some research!

There seem to be a number of suppliers/installers about the place...here is another site with info if anyone is interested:

www.concreteartisans.com.au

It does look a bit industrial I guess, but we really like the seamless look...and if its possible to colour it however we want and add some texture, think it might work!

Anyway, if anyone knows anything about it or has any thoughts on how it looks or reasons why it might not be a good idea...i'd appreciate any comments!!

Thanks!
Adam
Hello Adam - did you use the Pandomo product in the end? I'm based in London and the polished concrete market doesn't seem quite as advanced as it is back home - I found one contractor who works with this product - having seen a friends recently installed new polished concrete floor with a large crack (not using Pandomo I should add), I'm slightly terrified we could have the same result having outlayed a fair old chunk of wedge. Let me know if you got on OK with it. Thank you!

Kathryn
Related
6/07/2023
Hebel Flooring PLUS Insulation or Not?

General Discussion

1000000% definitely add insulation. I have in my home and it makes a big difference minimising sound transfer. Insulation is pretty cheap and definitely worth it

6/07/2023
Engineered Timber Flooring Vs Solid Timber

General Discussion

Engineering timber is certainly a less fuss option, times cheaper to supply and install and better withstands humidity.

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum