Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Still debating... stumps or fill?

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone have an idea of how much fill would be needed to raise a 24 sq house 1.1m off the ground? Roughly how much is fill? And lastly where abouts in the yellow pages would I find some fill? What heading should I look under? Last but not least... would the guy with the fill do the compaction certificate or would I have to find someone else to do that? I have explored the stumps option and to be honest not many of the project home builders are keen and the few that are are charging big bucks. A couple have said that the fill might be a cheaper way to go... What do you guys think?

Ta in advance
Clueless by my calculations around 300 cubic meters
If compacted sand is used you can fill up to 800mm without altering the site classification from what is was for the natural ground soil. Up to 400mm for other material

A site not using sand & more than 400mm is classed as a "P Class" site. - slab will need to be designed by a structural engineer.

Is the site level & is it possible to raise the ground level by that much ?

Personally I wouldn't be looking at anything but stumps.
Related
15/12/2023
Fill & Slab vs. Tall stumps

Building A New House

If you're in a flood zone, not only are you dealing with the importation of fill and laying it down in 150 lifts to achieve compaction, you're going to have to consider…

4/03/2024
Steel stumps, S vs H2, house movement

General Discussion

Are they stumps or screw piles ? How much fill is there, is the site a class "P" ? A "H2" site is not supposed to have stumps it is supposed to have grid beams according…

12/09/2023
Sand or soil to fill in a trench

General Discussion

sand is better drainage than soil

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum