Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

panel glide cedar colour grain garage door

Page 1 of 1
I did a search and didn't seem to find what I wanted.
Does anyone have one of these or know much about them? Are they timber panels or are they painted to look like timber? Do they look ok?
----------

themax
building with the big C. Plans done. Council submission soon. Choosing exterior colours, going crazy. Madly packing
We asked our builder to quote a cedar door and it came out very exxy indeed....so we quickly changed to colorbond. The timberlook was mentioned, but we thought it looked fake even on the brochures.

I guess my new philosophy is to have the real thing or nothing.

I say "new" because, in the past, we've had excellent results from a "slate impressions" driveway and a "granite transformations" kitchen....so we haven't always been so purist.

I just feel a bit uncomfortable about the huge frontal expanse of a garage door being in a painted finish that's pretending to be something it isn't. Anyway, we're happy to go with the colorbond....

Cheers
zeke
We have a 'Jarrah" look garage door, we are very happy with it and have had lots of positive comments about it !

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f270/rellie33/10102.jpg[/i]
rellie
We have a 'Jarrah" look garage door, we are very happy with it and have had lots of positive comments about it !

Hi Rellie

Yes, that looks very good indeed. A few photo's like that in the brochures and we might have looked into it further

Cheers
zeke
Thanks for your replies. rellie is that a colourbond? Looks nice. Hopefully will get more feedback as well from others. I have to say that I visited my girlfriends new house and loved her garage door. I called her today to ask what timber it was and she said that it was colourbond, so I guess it fooled me!

themax
themax
Thanks for your replies. rellie is that a colourbond? Looks nice. Hopefully will get more feedback as well from others. I have to say that I visited my girlfriends new house and loved her garage door. I called her today to ask what timber it was and she said that it was colourbond, so I guess it fooled me!

themax

It's an AGD fineline timber FX, it is the same material as your usual colourbond panel/roller door.
themax

themax

I was referring to colorbond as a single-colour door. I think the "timberlook" ones are a painted finish in a woodgrain pattern.

I must admit, Rellie's door in that photo looks much, much better than I expected for a "non-real-wood" finish.

But, I think we're committed to the colorbond now and I think I'm comfortable with that....

Cheers
zeke
rellie

Gorgeous, that is very similar to what we're going with....we're having dark bricks like yours so it is reassuring to see that the garage door goes nicely with them.....may l ask what your brick is?
thorney
Gorgeous, that is very similar to what we're going with....we're having dark bricks like yours so it is reassuring to see that the garage door goes nicely with them.....may l ask what your brick is?

Austral - Homestead Tan
rellie
thorney

Austral - Homestead Tan

Ah ok, ours is Boral.

Thanks
themax - the 2-storey Allcastle display home at The Ponds has the cedar look door. We'll be going for that one as well.

If you're near Padstow - drop in to the B&D factory - they have all the door colours on display in large sizes.
zeke
themax

themax

I was referring to colorbond as a single-colour door. I think the "timberlook" ones are a painted finish in a woodgrain pattern.

I must admit, Rellie's door in that photo looks much, much better than I expected for a "non-real-wood" finish.

But, I think we're committed to the colorbond now and I think I'm comfortable with that....

Cheers
zeke

Zeke we had the same concerns. The cedar ones were so expensive and we were told that they weather really badly. We took a drive around and looked at some of th new homes near us. There were quite a few "wood" style doors done and out of the 8 or so we saw only 1 looked nice. I guess it depends on the brand your builder uses. Rellie's is lovely though. I was scared we'd get one of the sort that looked really fake so we went standard paint too. I keep telling myself that maybe it's a fad and in 20 years everyone will date a hose by it's 'cedar " garage door and cedar gables.
rellie

I like your colour combo ...
Not a big fan of timber trim (hassle to maintain) but that door does look good without all the hassle ..
Does anyone know where i can see a colour chart of the timber looks for these garage doors?

themax
Is this what you're after themax ?
http://www.steel-line.com.au/site/pdf/Steel-Line%20Colour%20Chart%20FINAL.pdf
OMG you are brilliant! thanks........

themax
No worries, I had it saved, for when I was looking at the same door.
Related
18/09/2023
Adhesive seals for western red cedar windows

Windows & Doors

I’m restoring all my 40yr old windows and I want to install seals around the casements. I’ve sanded back and oiled the frames with sikkens. My plan is to box up inside…

26/08/2023
Dover white or surfmist garage door

General Discussion

Dover white or surfmist garage door. I am having trouble choosing a garage door. The outside of house will be tranquel retreat. I want it to all blend nicely however I…

15/12/2023
Garage Door Centre Pillar is 2 different levels

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, have purchased a house with 2 single garage doors. The Centre pillar one side sits proud to the other. Can I change 2 doors into one. Please see picture.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum