Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Coral Homes feedback please??

Page 1 of 1
We have decided to build with Coral Homes - Brampton 195, and been very impressed so far.

We have just paid the initial deposit for the soil tests and site surveys.

Coral homes seem to be popular in the area we are building in and I am interested in feedback from others who have built with Coral.

Have you been happy with them??
Hi Melza,

We built the Brampton 25sqs 11 years ago in Mount Cotton. I cannot speak highly enough of Coral during our build. My parents also built with them a year later and like us had a hassle free build.

I found Coral to be very accommodating with us. I redesigned the whole kitchen, took the formal dining space out and put it into bedroom 2 which then gave us a bigger three sided step in pantry rather than the V shaped one. Sink was moved to under the window, oven and hot plates moved next to the fridge space and the pantry moved to the corner. Was great! We also made the dwarf walls going into the games room longer so a sofa could sit on the family room side of the wall. Double hanging on one side of the WIR and a shorter window in the games room so a couch could go up against the wall rather than the 2nd sliding door. Depends on what you use that room for. We had a child and a baby when we moved in so it was a playroom/TV room.

I'd recommend them to anyone who asked. Good luck. Great plan too, I loved living in that house

http://www.coralhomes.com.au/house-desi ... orplan.asp
Hi Melza, Just wondering where you are building with coral homes.
We are building in Maryborough, qld with them at present. So far they have been fine. The c.s.o (at head office) we had was quite new but you would never know it. She always returned my calls and answred any questions we had. We met our builder the other day.. he explained everything in great detail.... so far so good! I personally think the company is only as good as the builder.
We're building at Regency Downs in the Lockyer Valley in qld.
Hi,
Welcome to the forum.
We will also be building with Coral some time this century when our council gets around to finalising our plans approval.

So far so good, we're really happy with the service and hope that's maintained during the build. They've been very flexible regarding making changes; nothing was a problem, and they've updated us regularly on how slow things are progressing with council.

Great experience so far for us.
Have you read my blog ?

All I can say is stay right on top of your site supervisor.

Also the sales person that I had seemed very good, until I went to colour selection and that person pointed out dozens of options that we had that the sales person should have pointed out for us, or told us we could not do.
Hi

I signed a contract with Coral Homes and had to get covenant approval for the plans from the design committee of the estate. This process took longer than expected which resulted in the council approval process being delayed by a few weeks.

Now I’ve been sent a price increase to the original contract. Has anyone had a similar experience with Coral Homes ?
Quote:
Hi

I signed a contract with Coral Homes and had to get covenant approval for the plans from the design committee of the estate. This process took longer than expected which resulted in the council approval process being delayed by a few weeks.

Now I’ve been sent a price increase to the original contract. Has anyone had a similar experience with Coral Homes ?

Yep. We signed our contract back in July and cheers to our council and bank losing things, posting the wrong things to us, ****** to us...etc, etc...we didn't get everything approved, reapproved and finalised until the end of January. We had to wear the price rise because of that delay. We were pretty peeved about that, but what can you do? Don't use ANZ. I can't say it enough.
hey sj, when did you sign your contract?
I signed the contract in the third week of October 2008,

What I am upset is that Coral Homes took five weeks to redraft the plans (due to the Christmas holidays) after it was rejected by the design committee the first time. Therefore, I didn’t have the new plans to resubmit to the design committee for the second attempt. This delayed the process.

The contract in section 9.1 (j) states, reasonable extension should be given during the industry shutdown period which is five weeks from 22 Dec. However, Coral Homes are insistent on the price increase.

If you have not signed yet, check the “initial period date” and make sure that’s sufficient time to get all the approvals including council approval. I got caught out because I’m a first timer and didn’t know all this
which estate & where are you building? and what was wrong with the original plans?
sorry bout all the questions...
Me 'n' Ails are only a handful of sleeps from handover on our Daydream 232, and aside from the frustration of lettin' 'em take holidays over Christmas (I meantersay, why wouldn't you just plod thru and take your leave when the kids go back to school?!?
), it's been ok. Wouldn't say I'm happier than a dog with two, um tails, but I'll certainly be a happy clam when I actually get into the joint!

There have been very few delays; they broke ground on Sept 11, and have invoked a couple of wet weather days, but we had a good site super, and we had a fair bit of time to plan the whole shebang...
dear BwC2009,

Strict design guidelines under the covenant meant facade and external appearance factors had to be augmented.
Well, we are about 6 weeks or so before handover and this is our 3rd build,(different builders each time) I would definately build with them again!!! Their products are all top quality, timeframes have been great, great tradies, and the ss is very easy to get along with!
So if anyone is thinking of building in Maryborough qld, I say go for it! You wont be dissapointed.
Well, everything is coming together quite nicely for us. Coral have been fantastic so far and very very pleasant to deal with. Highly recommended!!

Our plans have just been sent to council for approval, We have done our final colour selection, our loan has almost been approved and are now just waiting for our council approval to come back..

Hopefully we'll see some sign of construction in the coming few weeks
very encouraging, thanks melza09!

you are in the ipswich area aswell, so i will be following closely when you get to the construction bit - please start a blog!
I have only just started a blog....

It's http://brampton195.blogspot.com

I will slowly work it out..so be patient with me
Related
2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

27/05/2024
Is it possible to get the Coral Homes Highlands 36 home?

Building A New House

Hi so sorry for the late reply. I already contacted them and they wouldn't tell me instead they tried to get me to talk to one of their home coordinators and I'm not…

21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum