Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Do floor to ceiling tiles ad much resale value

Page 1 of 1
Thinking of definitely doing the downstairs guest bathroom and toilet and upstairs ensuite in ceramic floor to ceiling tiles and exclude any bedroom ensuites, is it worth the expense for tiles, can labour myself
yes 1 million dollars!
Yes it does... personally I find bathrooms that don't do it just looks cheap or the person building/renovating it was trying to save $$.

If you can do the labour yourself it's well worth the extra little bit of tiles to go all the way up!
They make the room much easier to clean for one, reflect more light (if light colour tiles are used), and you dont end up with dust on the top edge of tiles (cause most builders dont use a bullnose tile or trim finish unless its added in).

Just be sure that the cornice is installed after tiling and also that the walls are screwed or nailed of in accordance with AS3958.1

Particular attention should be paid to the following:

(a)The minimum recommended single layer plasterboard thickness to be 10 mm.

(b) Stud or furring centres to not exceed 600 mm.

(c) Gypsum plasterboard sheets used as a substrate for tiling to be fixed to the framing with nails or screws. Adhesive fixing is not acceptable.

- Sheets to be fixed at 150 mm centres on all framing members with 30 mm × 2.8 mm fibre-cement sheet nails

- no gyprock adhesive is installed to wet area sheets
Related
8/05/2024
Builder wants to build new ceiling over defective ceiling

Building A New House

Thank you @ashington Homes for your reply! They just got back to me and offered credit for me to just take it as is. It was a less than quotes I got from ceiling…

15/01/2024
Project builder - value for money

General Discussion

As a tradesmen get a private inspector although I don't think there worth it in their profession themselves the reminder they serve to the tradesmen doing the work is…

31/01/2024
Is swimming pool cost effective to add value to new build?

Building A New House

The last home I lived in didn't have a pool and when i went to sell it the agents were not happy, even telling me to put one in to sell the place. The agents weren't happy…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum