Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Paving Concrete Over Termguard Pipes

Page 1 of 1
My builder installed termite barriers around my recently constructed house in Sydney. The pipe runs across my garage and porch steps. I'm going to making conrete driveway, How can I go about laying concrete over it?

In Perth our termite retic pipes look slightly different however they are dug into a small trench and covered with some sand. Then they are just concreted over.
Ask the supplier of the termite retic for their installation detail.
Installation is not compliant, Chippy is right. I must be in a trench and covered with 75 mm soil all around. When charged with chemical it will provide chemical barrier.
yeah these are supposed to be burried. You cannot concrete over these the way they are. They will be useless if you do. The installer is either not finished or lazy.
so dig trenches burry those with dirt, and then cover with concerete on top of the dirt?
The Termguard website has detailed installation instructions with specific requirements for piping under concrete.
What you've got there does not in any way comply and you shouldn't be paying for it until rectified.
Althom
The Termguard website has detailed installation instructions with specific requirements for piping under concrete.
What you've got there does not in any way comply and you shouldn't be paying for it until rectified.

is it usually installed by the builder or Termguard?
or do I just pave the concrete driveway and leave the Termguard pipe on top? and let Termguard decided later where to dig trenches in concerete?
Provide the installer with the details of Termguard's website and tell them to fix it.
If you do it yourself I think you'll find that any warranty is void
eguan88
Althom

is it usually installed by the builder or Termguard?

It can be installed by a number of licenced pest control companies.
I would doubt that any builder is approved to do installation and that they would be required to get someone in who knows what they are doing
As most others have posted above the install isn't compliant. The pipe is meant to be covered in loose soil or sand, the pipe has holes in it that leaks out a termicide that leaches into the soil/sand about 300mm down and 300mm out which creates a kill zone.
Dig the pipe down into a trench and fill the trench with sand/soil, then form up and concrete over. Or have a termite guy cap it to the left of the garage and the right of the entry porch. The concrete you will be pouring for the drive/porch will have abelflex between the two concretes (slab / drive), your slab looks to be about 385mm so you are probably on a H1 or H2 site. The abelflex has a tear-away to the top to produce a sealant well to the top section of the slab, your termite guy can apply a termite silicon to create a termite barrier and a moisture barrier preventing moisture wicking down between the two slabs. You achieve a termite barrier, a moisture barrier, and a visual barrier all in one go.
Related
3/07/2023
Butchered concrete over overflow relief gully

General Discussion

Much a do about nothing. You can see the fall heading to the actual drains. Stormwater ingress will be minimal and it's far better to have the top sitting flush rather…

17/01/2024
Concreting over concrete?

General Discussion

Just get as close as you can without hitting the posts. Once you are close to the edge of the path the chance of cracking is minimised.

27/08/2023
Sewer pipes under slab

General Discussion

Thanks that link in particular is really useful.

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum