Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Frustration during Construction Phase

Page 1 of 1
Hi Everyone,

Looking for some advice here, building a brand new home with my builder - there seems to be a lack of interest from the builder to complete this construction. Its been well over a year and a half since the contract signing ceremony, number of delays which i was expected to pay for (some of which were just blatantly due to irregularities and negligence in the submission to the council). Since the construction has started - there was approximately a 10 week delay due to some new regulation - luckily the construction did eventually start, but now the construction is just stagnating for approximately a month with no progress. For the past week or so - there are water leakages on the site, which i have reached out to be fixed and their is no response from the builder. As you can imagine this extremely frustrating - any advice would be well received.

Thank You
sorry wrong thread - deleted my post
Related
18/07/2023
Unusual Delays and Significant Price Increase During Pre-con

Building A New House

Just to makea point about this, an approach that some people have found sucessful in negotiating these rises down, Is to provide some workings to the builder, specifying…

3/12/2023
Neighbours rights to house access during reno

General Discussion

The only thing to add to these comments is that where possible it's always good to try and work with people than just say "no" because you can. Having someone…

10/06/2023
Construction Delayed - Calculation of delay.

Building A New House

Hi, My home construction is complete, and the handover is scheduled next week. However the construction has been delayed and I have raised this to the builder. The…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum