Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Maximum Garage Width - Narrow Lot (Willoughby Council NSW)

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone,

First time poster here hoping to get some advice please, any help is much appreciated

We are looking to do a knock down and rebuild in Willoughby Council and are hoping to build a house with a double garage (opening will face the road). Our lot width is 10.6m and I know under CDC a double garage would not be permitted as it is too narrow. However I was looking to see how if anyone has experience or might know how likely it is that a double garage would be approved as part of a DA? If it helps, we are looking to build a double storey home.

Many thanks in advance!
nimbus3
Hi everyone,

First time poster here hoping to get some advice please, any help is much appreciated

We are looking to do a knock down and rebuild in Willoughby Council and are hoping to build a house with a double garage (opening will face the road). Our lot width is 10.6m and I know under CDC a double garage would not be permitted as it is too narrow. However I was looking to see how if anyone has experience or might know how likely it is that a double garage would be approved as part of a DA? If it helps, we are looking to build a double storey home.

Many thanks in advance!

Nimbus3

I will get ask my architect and let you know when I get an answer

Cheers

Simeon
Thanks very much Ashington Homes. We've just started looking at our knock down and rebuild, so any help is much appreciated!
nimbus3
Thanks very much Ashington Homes. We've just started looking at our knock down and rebuild, so any help is much appreciated!

nimbus3

I am still waiting on an answer however I took a look at the Willoughby DCP and for your lot size they have a maximum garage opening of 3.2m which would mean only a single garage unfortunately.

There are also references to this in other parts of the DCP where they say that a garage can't be the dominant feature to the facade.

So I don't think you are in luck

Will let you know if I hear anything different.

Cheers

Simeon

Thanks again for this information. If you do hear anything different, would be great to know
Related
22/10/2023
Drop (Deepened) Edge Beam maximum depth/height

Building A New House

The distance between my DEBs varies from 4.1m at the narrowest to 8.1m at the widest.

6/07/2023
Cumberland Council (NSW) setback requirements

Building A New House

This was on google. Development controls 2.3.1 Front setback D1 New buildings within residential areas shall adhere to a front building line, which is 5.5-6m to the…

20/01/2024
Roof Load Width Needed

Renovation + Home Improvement

Any structural alteration to your home requires building permit. Before you get it you will have to supply plans with structural assessment, you will also be removing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum