Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

External wall render

Page 1 of 1
Hello everyone,

Trying to understand the external render types. The builder said they will do acrylic render. The designer mentioned “Rendered + Painted Brickwork” on the plans.
My understanding is that acrylic render can be with the paint in the render itself (coloured render) or the render can be painted after the application and when the render is dry.

My questions:

1. Does “Rendered + Painted Brickwork” specify what type of render will be applied or it is a general term meaning the brick wall will be rendered and the render will have a colour other than its original colour?

2. Does the plan need to specify the specific type of render or mentioning “Rendered Brickwork” on the plans would be enough?

3. Which type or render is better - the coloured render or the painted render?

Thank you in advance.
Render is not tinted with colour (paint tinters), that is texture coat, 1mm, 2mm trowel on etc

It is not paint, renderers and manufacturers sell that it is paint and that’s all you need. Generally will still have to paint to get true colour, system/product warranty if applicable. If don’t paint the finish is still porous and will stain

Acrylic render is a 20kg pre-mixed bag of sand, cement and lime with a acrylic polymer (dry) added in, bit sticker, all in the bag, no site mixing

“Rendered & Painted Brickwork”, brickwork rendered and wall painted. Walls painted is best outcome. Most renderers wont paint.
Thank you Pedro4137
Related
29/04/2024
External wall left opened to Alfresco roof

Building A New House

First time building. this triangular part (marked in red) behind my two bedrooms does not have external wall bec of Alfreco roof…

23/08/2023
Need advise on surfacing render interior wall

General Discussion

I am looking for someone who might have tackled a similar issue as me. I have a few rendered interior walls, the surface condition is hardly flat. I can see all the bumps…

22/05/2024
backyard retaining wall and raised garden bed render

General Discussion

thanks chippy! here is the back of the wall which has not been backfilled yet. Here is the same back of the wall taken from the other end, behind the steps. As you…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum