Join Login
Building ForumBuilding A New House

Builder want us to scrap the land to soil

Page 1 of 1
Hi , Builder want me to scrap the land to soil- they are saying that grass is termed as contamination, is it right? my Land looks like this at the moment.

It is normal and pretty standard
alexp79
It is normal and pretty standard

Hi, thank you for the information, any suggestions how can i do it?
Cost?
The builder should be organising it as part of the site works. It will involve excavator + dump truck to get rid of the soil.
alexp79
The builder should be organising it as part of the site works. It will involve excavator + dump truck to get rid of the soil.

Hi Alex, Thank you. But it is in contract that client need to remove any vegetation from the land. and builder want us to scrap it to soil. then they can excavate.

I have attached the screenshot of tender and what they are saying now in email-- i am just confused.

This is typical example why you should have had pre contract review, where itms such as this are explained.
Normally site scrape and excavation is builders job and in my opinion vegetation is anything more than grass (shrubs and trees)
building-expert
This is typical example why you should have had pre contract review, where itms such as this are explained.
Normally site scrape and excavation is builders job and in my opinion vegetation is anything more than grass (shrubs and trees)

Thank you for the information. Earlier they said verbaly that if you don’t have any trees on the land then it should be fine when signing the contract.
Now other team member saying it need to be scrapped to soil. Grass is contamination.

I am thinking of removing grass by using weed and grass killer.
diablo.chandan
building-expert

Thank you for the information. Earlier they said verbaly that if you don’t have any trees on the land then it should be fine when signing the contract.
Now other team member saying it need to be scrapped to soil. Grass is contamination.

I am thinking of removing grass by using weed and grass killer.

Get another opinion from consumer affairs
diablo.chandan
Hi , Builder want me to scrap the land to soil- they are saying that grass is termed as contamination, is it right? my Land looks like this at the moment.

Where are you located?

I can PM you the details of someone who can do it for you if you are in Sydney

Cheers

Simeon
Sounds like rubbish to me. Ask for the contamination report which I doubt they have. If it's part of a normal subdivision it would have had a contamination report done before the subdivision was constructed.If the ground was contaminated the subdivision wouldn't go ahead until the issue was resolved.
Related
1/04/2024
Custom builder or pay for own floor plan and take to builder

Building A New House

Hi Mofflepop, I would recommend finding a building designer to prepare plans, they should design to your specified budget. The benefit is you can tender the project out…

12/07/2023
Soil against brick shed

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

I'm in WA and our sandy soils make drainage a bit easier but this is what I'd be doing. Dig down to your footings and let the wall dry out. Clean it all well by brushing…

You are here
Building ForumBuilding A New House
Home
Pros
Forum